Company: Commonwealth Senior Living
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Maintenance DirectorUS-VA-NorfolkJob ID: 2019-5246Type: Regular
Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category:
Construction/MaintenanceCommonwealth Senior Living at Leigh
HallOverviewDo you have a desire to make a difference daily in the
lives of Seniors? Come be a leader and use your skills every day!
The overall purpose of the Maintenance Director position is to
plan, direct and control the overall maintenance of the community's
physical plant. This position must perform or oversee electrical,
plumbing, carpentry, heating, ventilation, air conditioning,
refrigeration and other technical tasks, as well as ensuring
compliance with all local, state, and federal life-safety code
regulations. They also work with all other leaders on the team to
serve our residents. They are a Culture Ambassador! They model the
core values of the company personally, leading by example, and
ensure all team members exemplify the core values of the company at
all times:We Care About PeopleWe Do the Right ThingWe are
Passionate, Have Fun, and Celebrate SuccessWe Speak Up! It's Our
ResponsibilityWe Take Ownership and Add ValueWe are
RespectfulCommonwealth Senior Living is a recognized leader in
senior living, employing nearly 1,500 associates, and is a recent
recipient of the Great Place to Work certification!
- Coordinate and assure performance of all preventative
- Visually inspect all common areas on a daily basis to ascertain
- Prepare work schedules and follow up for maintenance personnel
by managing and delegating the work orders and maintaining
- Set up periodic inspections of the total property systems of
checking such items as roof, building fa--ade, parking lots,
grounds, signs, etc.
- Initiate, supervise and maintain an up-to-date repair record on
all equipment and maintain an up-to-date work list for the job and
ensure all work is completed in a timely and effective manner with
respect to assigned priorities.
- Initiate a training program to insure training is implemented
and completed by all maintenance personnel, inspects all
fire-fighting equipment according to time period and instruction
required by law.
- Operate and maintain all buildings and grounds, all security
and transportation systems in accordance with Federal, State and
local OSHA standards.
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete the painting, repair
and general refurbishment within the prescribed time frame.
- Head up the Safety Committee.
- Respond to maintenance emergencies at any time needed.
- Maintain grounds and outside areas of building, including and
not limited to: sprinkler system, outside lights, driveway and
parking lots, in a clean and working condition.
- Continuing education regarding maintenance methods, chemicals
- Other duties as assignedQualifications
- Experience with HVAC, plumbing, carpentry and general
maintenance for a large residential community, hotel, hospitality,
Senior Living or similar industry experience would be ideal!
- Skilled in the selection and scheduling of housekeeping
personnel to meet the needs of the entire community
- Experience working with a senior population is a plus
- Desire to give impeccable customer service with a friendly
attitude and demeanor when dealing with staff, residents and their
- Able to live out Commonwealth Senior Living's Noble selling
purpose - "We improve the lives of seniors, their families, and
each other." PI111887933
Keywords: Commonwealth Senior Living, Norfolk , Maintenance Director, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!