Company: Matthews International
Posted on: January 13, 2019
The Driver/Warehouse Worker is responsible for delivering company product to corresponding drop-off locations. In addition, this role focuses on efficiently preparing for delivery and reorganizing the warehouse and products after delivery has been fulfilled.Job Responsibilities:
- Drives truck to deliver products.
- Loads trucks for delivery.
- Prepares products for delivery.
- Completes daily log book to record delivery activity.
- Unloads trucks upon arrival at drop-off location and distribution center.
- Cleans warehouse based upon location and company compliance standards.
- Puts products away as necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous driver experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Must have current driver's license. PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Matthews International, Norfolk , Delivery Driver, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!