Supply Chain Intern - Summer
Company: BAE Systems
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Job Description BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair is seeking to hire a Supply Chain Intern in our Procurement Department.The candidate will report directly to the Procurement Manager in the Procurement Department. The candidate will also interact with our team members within our company such as program management team members (ship superintendents, project managers, program managers, etc.), craft managers, craft supervisors, safety/chemist employees and other customers. The Supply Chain intern will be responsible for assisting supply chain team in meeting both departmental and corporate objectives. This individual will have the opportunity to become an instrumental part of the daily supply chain activities, including reporting, analytics, purchase order creation and maintenance, pricing negotiations, and supplier management.Help identify specific approaches to create new and improved processes for NSR procurement. Assist/Support the department on a daily basis Access and navigate Ship Repair Electronic Procurement (SREP), Costpoint, e-procure and Kofax Technical Agility (KTA accounts payable) Help identify specific issues within the supply chain operations and recommend ways to correct. Support procurement mangers in specific projects when identified. Identify and create matrix?s that can be used to track and identify problem areas in procurement. Interacts with Material Buyers and Sub Contract Administrators to identify where supplier problems exist and recommends corrective actions. Identify inventory models that can used to identify future stock needs. Assist in various forecasting and analysis as neededRequired Skills and Education
- Currently pursuing a degree in business or a related major
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office tools: Excel, PowerPoint, and WordPreferred Skills and Education
- Must have completed a minimum of 3 years of undergraduate education.
- Good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Demonstrated long term interest in a career within Supply Chain Management, Contracts, or Acquisition
- Available to work for at least 10 weeks during the summer
- Ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously and ensure accurate and timely completion of tasks
- Solid analytical skills and self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Keywords: BAE Systems, Norfolk , Supply Chain Intern - Summer, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!