Company: Drucker and Falk, LLC
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Company DescriptionDrucker & Falk is a performance driven real estate services and investment firm with a 75 year history of delivering optimal asset value to our clients. We specialize in third party multifamily and commercial management, brokerage, investment sponsorship, asset development and construction consultation. We manage a diverse portfolio of more than 30,000 multifamily apartments, over three million square feet of commercial space, and have brokered more than a billion dollars in commercial transactions.Job DescriptionTHE TIMBERS APARTMENTS The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for the physical upkeep of the community and is under the direction of the Property Manager. He or she must maintain and operate all mechanical equipment and supervise all maintenance employees. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Train and be responsible for work performed by all staff members under his or her direction.
- Hire and terminate employees in accordance with Drucker & Falk policy and under the direction of the Property Manager.
- Counsel (and document) maintenance employees to improve their work and work attitudes.
- Establish schedules and assign personnel routine maintenance tasks.
- Make certain that the community has maintenance coverage at all times in case of emergencies or emergency work requests. Able to be on emergency on call status to respond to emergency work orders.
- Perform all duties with the highest consideration for safety, and train and be responsible for all staff members to do so as well.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings with staff and document topics discussed. Emphasize safety with all new employees.
- Continually inspect buildings, grounds and common areas to identify needed preventative maintenance, to ensure that the buildings and common areas are clean, grounds are being properly maintained and to identify current and potential safety hazards.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and well organized shop and equipment storage area in compliance with all OSHA regulations, i.e., maintain Hazard Communication Program, SDS, State and Federal posters and posting OSHA summary forms.
- Perform necessary maintenance and repairs in apartments with work orders.
- Strive to see that all work orders are completed within 24 hours.
- Turn vacant apartments into units ready for occupancy following Drucker & Falk guidelines.
- Schedule contractors for maintenance related work. Secure bids and proposals as directed.
- Use contract labor whenever it becomes cost effective, following approval by the Property Manager or Regional Property Manager.
- Strictly follow established budgetary guidelines.
- Follow all Drucker & Falk purchasing directives and procedures.
- Maintain operating manuals, warranty records and other materials pertaining to general inventory and parts replacement and availability.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field, including new products and new and less expensive ways of making repairs
- Always maintain the highest standards of resident relations.
- Complete and return Monthly Preventative Maintenance Sheets.
- Monitor all O & M Programs (i.e., Asbestos, Lead Based Paint and Mold & Fungi) in place on the community to ensure that all O & M Specialists, Consultants, Contractors and/or on the community to ensure that all O & M Specialists, Consultants, Contractors and/or employees are notified of the presence of these substances when work to be performed may involve the disturbance of these substances and that all such work is performed following the established O & M program.
- The Maintenance Superintendent is also responsible for maintaining all record keeping and reports relating to these O&M programs to ensure that the property is in full compliance.
- Must be accurate in all phases of technical work.
- Performs other duties as assigned. QualificationsSupervisory Responsibilities - Manages 0-8 employees; in the Maintenance department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current driver's license
- CFC Certificate
- CPO Certification
- Plumbing Skills
- Carpentry Skills
- Electrical Skills
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, SDS standards Additional InformationPosition offers outstanding growth potential, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, health, dental, life insurance, and 401K participation. Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug-Free Workplace.
Keywords: Drucker and Falk, LLC, Norfolk , Maintenance Superintendent, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!