Maintenance Assistant - Marriott Norfolk Waterside
Company: Commonwealth Lodging Management LLC
Posted on: September 21, 2022
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Position involves high guest contact,
providing service to every guest in a professional, efficient and
friendly manner. Responsible for maintaining the general condition
of the property with regards to all aspects of basic electrical,
carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and painting work. Complete
maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis.
Participate in the preventative maintenance program for all
building equipment and rooms. Complete other special projects
assigned periodically by the Chief EngineerEDUCATION &
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work
- Computer skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office
preferred. Experience with hotel systems is preferred
- Methods, and materials used in general building maintenance,
carpentry, plumbing, building and electrical units and HVAC. The
use and repair of common tools and equipment used in general
maintenance. Maintenance and repair of facilities. Systems design
- Minimum 2 year(s) experience as a commercial electrician or in
other trade (plumbing, HVAC etc.)QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50
- Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 250 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and
co-workers to their understanding.
- Work environment - Engineering work shop, all areas of the
hotel. Working on stepladders. Job involves working under variable
temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor
settings, and around fumes and/or odor hazards, dust and/or mite
hazards, and chemicals.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to
8-hours in length. Must be willing and have the ability to work a
varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
Keywords: Commonwealth Lodging Management LLC, Norfolk , Maintenance Assistant - Marriott Norfolk Waterside, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!