Company: Childrens Hospital of The King's Daughters
Posted on: September 19, 2022
- GENERAL SUMMARY
- The Compensation Analyst will support the day-to-day
administration and the maintenance of compensation programs and
systems to ensure alignment with organizational objectives and
compensation strategy. The Compensation Analyst is responsible for
and performs a variety of functions, including salary review,
ensuring compliance with legal requirements, job description
management, salary survey participation, job evaluations and
analysis, job classification and pay grade maintenance and other
related duties. Reports to department leadership.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to compensation salary placement review requests on
offers, transfers, promotions, etc. efficiently and
- Provides policy & practice interpretation and guidance to
leadership, human resources staff and employees on compensation
- Assists in ensuring the compensation program and practices
comply with legal requirements.
- Performs compensation studies to include but not limited to
market analysis, equity studies, job valuation, classification and
- Participates in designated salary surveys and receives and
analyzes results, under the direction of departmental
- Ensures job descriptions are standardized in structure, format
and syntax including publishing, maintaining and cataloging them in
the job description electronic repository.
- Coordinates the development of and maintenance of all position
descriptions, through regular communications with business
department leadership and HR Business Partners to ensure
descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by
- When necessary performs job audits by interviewing and
surveying employees and business department leadership to gather,
document and/or validate essential job duties and responsibilities,
skills and requirements for each job.
- Performs job analysis, evaluations and benchmarking to
determine or recommend classification and pay grade placement.
- Prepares and presents summary reporting of job analysis in
assessing market competitiveness.
- Maintains proper job classification, pay ranges and including
the establishment of new positions in the HR system.
- Works closely with the HRIS function in assuring information in
all systems is consistent and accurate.
- Participates or leads cross-functional project teams that are
related to compensation or related initiatives.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with sensitive
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- None required.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business, Human Resources or
- Three to five years of relevant work experience, preferably in
the area of compensation program administration.
- Previous experience in health care industry preferred.
- Professional level of knowledge in compensation theory and
practice and job evaluation methodologies.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and
compliance requirements related to broad based compensation and
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with the ability to
compile, analyze, interpret and communicate data in recommending
solutions to unique and complex compensation issues.
- Strong time and project management skills and ability to plan
and set/adjusting priorities.
- Strong proficiency and technical aptitude with the use of MS
Office products, especially Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels
of employees and external audiences as well.
- Strong interpersonal and consultation skills necessary to
obtain and exchange factual and technical data as well as to
explain compensation concepts to a varied and complex
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and a collaboratively
shared leadership environment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust, temperature and the like.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Click here to view physical requirements.
Keywords: Childrens Hospital of The King's Daughters, Norfolk , Compensation Analyst, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!