Surgical Technician - Ambulatory Surgery Center
Company: Virginia Eye Consultants
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Full Job DescriptionCVP Surgery Center- a partner practice of
ECP is a single specialty ophthalmology only ambulatory surgery
center, and we are looking for a Scrub Tech/ Surgical Tech. Our ASC
is looking for a talented tech who is able to prioritize tasks and
have flexibility as priorities changes. The ST should demonstrate a
positive attitude and follow all ASC policies, AAMI and APIC
standards while functioning as a team member. We provide a
collaborative and friendly work environment. We looking for team
players who are detail orientated, compassionate and enjoy direct
patient care, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. We believe in
a strong culture of team work and work life balance.
- Week Day Shifts; 0630/0700 start time
- 4 operating rooms and one procedural room
- Ophthalmology Only
- NO call is required/ NO holidays or weekends
- Competitive pay
- Scrub OR experience: 1 year
- BLS Certification (Required)
- CST or Virginia Surgical Tech License (required)
- Demonstrates quality patient service during interactions with
patients, coworkers, and vendors.
- Provides the highest level of eye care, adhering to best
practices in infection control and prevention as set forth in ASC
policies and procedures to achieve quality outcomes that enhance
the lives of our patients.
- Gathers all supplies for the particular operative
- Establishes a sterile field using appropriate techniques.
- Checks for the proper functioning of all sterile/non-sterile
equipment before the operating procedure begins.
- Assists in the operation by handing the surgeon the requested
- Assists in restocking supplies, rotating inventory of supplies,
and pulling supplies for the next day cases.
- Maintains basic understanding of ocular anatomy and
relationship to the procedure performed in the ASC.
- Has a working knowledge of all autoclaves and knows how to
determine the appropriate cycles for specific cases, keep logs as
- Sterile Processing
- Stocking and keeping inventory of supplies in ORs and other
areas of the ASC.
- Other duties as assigned. --Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited surgical tech program or current
valid Virginia Surgical Tech License
- One-year OR experience preferred.
- BLS certification required
- Ophthalmology Experience preferred, but will train the right
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 4- 10 hour shift - rotating schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Surgical Tech: 1 year (Required)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- CST or Virginia Surgical Tech License
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636)
227-2600.EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All applicants will be considered
for--employment--without attention to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran
or disability status.Please do not contact the office directly -
only resumes submitted through this website will be
Keywords: Virginia Eye Consultants, Norfolk , Surgical Technician - Ambulatory Surgery Center, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!