Assessment Support Technician
Company: City of Norfolk, VA
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The City of Norfolk, City Assessor's Office is seeking an
Assessment Support Technician to process changes in the ownership
of real estate, analyze and interpret appraisal data, answer
telephone inquiries, provide customer service, maintain official
records, prepare reports and perform other support duties as
Departmental Hiring Salary Range: $31,804 to $36,574
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
* Processeschanges in the ownership of real estate.
* Deeds analyzed, to determine if the legal description is
sufficient to properly identify the property involved in the
* Deeds analyzed to determine if a property ownership requires a
breakdown of the physical description of the property being
* Performs research in response to requests for assistance in title
issues, prior land use and assessment history.
* Obtains and scans building permits for appraiser assignment.
Parcels are identified and the permit data is entered into the CAMA
* Provides office support to walk-in customers.
* Schedule appointments and meetings, maintains and retrieve files,
distributes calendars and work schedules.
* Works closely with the Treasurer's Office, City Attorney and
other City Departments.
* Answers and directs phone calls.
* CAMA and related software data entry.
* Prepare correspondence and reports, picking up and delivering
documents, typing legal correspondence and documents, process
Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative,
or technical nature which may be obtained with a two-year Associate
Degree, diploma or equivalent from a college, technical, business,
vocational, or correspondent school in real estate assessment, real
estate law, paralegal, legal research, or related field.
Two years' experience in paralegal or real estate, or related
field. An equivalent combination of related work experience and
education may be considered by the City Assessor.
Valid Driver's License required. Additional Information &
Vaccination Requirement:The City of Norfolk values the safety of
our employees, our residents, and our visitors. In support of these
values, if you are selected for a position, you must be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not
medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious
beliefs. If you are selected to join Team Norfolk, you will be
required to provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or
Signing Bonus: This position is eligible for a one-time $5,000
signing bonus for applications received on or after February 22,
2022 until June 30, 2022. The signing bonus will be paid in two (2)
increments: $2,500 upon completion of 60 days of employment, and
$2,500 upon completion of your probationary period. To receive the
signing bonus, you must be an active employee in good standing.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
The preferred candidate will possess:
* The ability to read and interpret deeds, surveys, plats,
assessment records, reports, correspondence, and instructions.
* The ability to perform basic algebraic calculations and general
math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication,
* The ability to write correspondence in Microsoft Word and
* The ability to research to utilize metes and bounds parcel
descriptions which could involve complex and time consuming records
over 100 years old.
* The ability to work well with individuals inside and outside the
City including property owners, attorneys, title searchers, staff
members, and employees from other departments.
* The ability to communicate effectively.
Keywords: City of Norfolk, VA, Norfolk , Assessment Support Technician, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!