Building Engineer - Norfolk M2022
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Building EngineerBe part of something bigger! Do you love being
part of an engaged team who works with passion and dedication to
make buildings run smoothly contributing to an optimal environment?
Is working as part of an integrated team who looks out for one
another and supports each other part of the top priorities on your
list? Are you passionate about optimization, solving complex
challenges, and driving continuous improvement? We have a fantastic
opportunity available as a Building Engineer that will allow you to
do just that and more! Join ISS and become part of something
bigger! -Hourly WageISS offers a competitive compensation package
including Benefits, Paid Time Off, and a starting hourly salary of
$33.01 USD.PurposeThe Building Engineer drives optimization and
maintenance of facilities for clients, customers, and employees in
a safe operating condition. You will execute a best practice
preventative and reactive maintenance program; and resolve
immediate operational and/or building safety concerns. Alongside a
passionate team, you will work to ensure all facilities related
equipment are maintained to the highest standards in the
Hard-Services line portfolio. You will partner with the Site
Operations Supervisor and Hard Service team to promote collective
success across all service lines and embody the OneISS (one team)
methodology of facility operations. You will be leading the change,
solving complex maintenance and repair of a building's shell, core,
and equipment. Success Criteria
- Executing and optimizing operational responsibilities to ensure
seamless delivery of services
- Navigating in a dynamic and fast paced environment while
balancing responsibilities of the role, providing oversight, and
- Utilizing advanced skills (general and trade specific) to
perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of
buildings, industrial systems, equipment, and grounds
- Monitoring building system operations and performance to ensure
safe and working conditions across the location
- Completing self-performance of specific and/or several trade
skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing,
refrigeration, heating, and coolingKey Areas of Collaboration and
- Communicate effectively with Maintenance Planner Schedulers to
ensure optimal delivery of services as well as across the company
so that information is disseminated effectively
- Collaborating with the entire team on site including team
members who are performing soft services, living and breathing the
one team mentality and culture Ideal Candidate Experience -
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Ops & Maintenance,
Construction, Facilities Maintenance and/or Building Engineering
- High school diploma or vocational or trade school/college.
- If working on HVAC/Refrigeration systems must hold EPA
Universal Certification, Ozone Depletion Prevention, Certificate of
Qualification (CofQ) or similar.
- Strong knowledge of Work Order Control procedures and required
time management to work within CMMS Systems.
- Ability to work at heights using ladders, Mobile Elevating Work
- Experience with subcontractor and vendor contract
- Able to use specialty hand tools, specialty diagnostic tools,
and knowledge of maintenance shop practices with experience at the
Journeyman level (Electrical and Mechanical Equipment
- Basic computer proficiency skills (Word, Outlook, CMMS Systems,
Smartphone Systems).Key Accountabilities
- Perform Inspection, Maintenance and Repair of the building's
- HVAC troubleshooting and preventative maintenance.
- Electrical work including re-lamping, ballast replacement and
- Plumbing fixture repairs, drain maintenance, and restroom
- Perform Inspection and Maintenance of caf--/kitchen
- Manage and support maintenance of elevators, fire life safety
devices, and UPSs.
- Access Door and Overhead Door repair/adjustment, as
- Do routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines
continue to run smoothly.
- Troubleshoot and fix faulty electrical switches.
- Ensures the CMMS system software is up to date with accurate
and appropriate data around assets and maintenance programs.
- Inspect and diagnose problems and figure out the best way to
correct them, frequently checking blueprints, repair manuals, and
- Partners with contractors and vendors as needed for the
effective and safe accomplishment of maintenance and specific
scopes of work.
- Provides or directs equipment and system operational
modifications, such as critical switching, lockout/tagout, and safe
working area set up.
- Follow 5S principles for organization/cleanliness of "Front of
House" (client/customer spaces) and "Back of House" (equipment
rooms, storage areas, tool cribs, etc.) on the property.
- Adjust doors and closers, repair T-bar drop ceiling grid and
replace ceiling tiles.
- Perform visual roof inspections and make minor repairs as
- Perform general maintenance tech duties as assigned by Site
Operations Management team.
- On call (1st line of support) to address escalations or
emergencies if they arise.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are handled professionally,
appropriately, and timely.Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Prolonged periods walking or standing.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place up to 50 pounds at a
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and/or holidays as
- Must be able to bend or stoop frequently.
- Must be able to work at heights on mobile or stationary work
- Must be able to operate MEWP's and powered industrial
- Must possess valid state driver's license. May be required to
travel via car within a specific metropolitan region as a part of
mobile engineering team.As a global organization, ISS Group is
committed to making the international community more resilient and
just for all people. We encourage diversity and inclusion in their
broadest terms, including ethnicity, race, age, gender, gender
identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs,
language, culture, and educational background. We look to lead our
industry by example and to positively influence the market wherever
we operate.ISS, a leading workplace experience and facility
management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute
to better business performance and makes life easier, more
productive and enjoyable - delivered to high standards by people
who care. ISS believes that people make places and places make
people. From strategy through to operations, ISS partners with over
60,000 customers in 30+ countries to deliver places that work,
think and give and is served by 471,056 employees who connect
people and places every single day. In 2019, ISS earned DKK 78
billion in revenue. It is headquartered in Copenhagen,
Keywords: ISS, Norfolk , Building Engineer - Norfolk M2022, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!