Field Service Technician
Company: Bauer Compressors
Posted on: January 9, 2022
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
BAUER COMPRESSORS INC. (BCI) is recognized as the world's foremost
innovative designer and manufacturer of high pressure systems. BCI
is specialized in the markets of high pressure breathing air
products, GSA/military breathing air products, industrial air and
gas products, plastics technology, natural gas, and inert gas
compression. Headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia, BCI employs over
250 associates nationwide and reports to its parent company BAUER
COMP Holding GmbH in Munich, Germany.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for the installation,
test, repair and support of Bauer equipment at customer locations
or in the Service Shop. The Field Service Technician will travel to
customer locations and provide onsite maintenance and repair. The
Field Service Technician provides technical support to internal
Bauer teams. The Field Service Technician reports directly to the
Customer Service Operations Manager.
- Conduct hands-on troubleshooting and repair of high pressure
breathing air, CNG and other gas systems using both mechanical and
- Complete equipment overhauls to high pressure breathing air,
CNG and other gas systems to include all mechanical and electrical
- Provide mechanical and electrical technical troubleshooting
directly with customers to assist in diagnosing problems with our
products and accessories.
- Properly read and use mechanical and electrical schematics
(where applicable) to complete repairs and assist customers in
troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Obtain and provide parts breakdowns for service repairs to
complete repairs and to assist customers in troubleshooting and
- Keep accurate records of work hours and parts utilized, and
work performed for each service call.
- Inspect warranty parts.
- Complete technical product reports; reports on product problems
- Maintain proper repair standards.
- Respond to other requests from management on a timely
- Travel offsite to customers' to perform maintenance and repair
of Bauer's equipment to ensure top produce performance.
- Regular, reliable, and on time attendance.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Strong mechanical background combined with electronics and
knowledge of pneumatics.
- 2+ years technical experience and/or training for mechanical
and/or electrical equipment
- PLC troubleshooting and basic knowledge of PLC programing.
- Must be responsive in nature with ability to follow-up and
bringing open items to closure.
- Must be self-starter and able to work under minimal
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues and research
- Must be capable of traveling both foreign and domestically up
to 50% of the time.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computers, especially
Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Knowledge of proper phone and email etiquette for communications
- Ability to comprehend and respond to customer (internal and
external) needs in a timely manner.
- Valid driver's license with a positive driving record.
- Valid US Passport or ability to obtain a passport within a year
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, stand, walk, use of eyes for close vision, use
hands, fingers, grasp, handle, reach, listen, talk and may need to
talk on the telephone while taking notes. Occasionally the employee
must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or ask for assistance.
The noise levels in some manufacturing facilities frequently may
exceed the normal dBA. The employee is required to wear eye and
Normal working schedule: Monday through Friday, 7am to 3:30pm.
Travel is a requirement for this position. Travel is mostly
confined to within the continental United States, but international
travel is required.
Keywords: Bauer Compressors, Norfolk , Field Service Technician, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!