Company: Wilbanks Smith & Thomas
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Our Firm Located in the Hampton Roads area of Coastal Virginia,
the Wilbanks Smith & Thomas is an investment and wealth management
firm with 50 staff and $4 billion in assets under management. The
firm has been widely recognized as a leader in financial services
in the region and is frequently cited in regional awards for its
excellent work environment, led by a culture of cooperation and
collaboration and a mission for service to the community and its
clients. Mission Support the senior management of the firm in its
mission to deliver superior client service and investment returns
while nurturing a culture of progress and innovation, anchored by
diligent research and tried-and-true best practices. Every member
of the firm is dedicated to and defined by our clients' trust and
the achievement of their goals. This requires an operational
infrastructure that is thorough and accurate, and where every
member of the team is empowered to stop the process and question
each step in that delivery mechanism to ensure the prioritization
of consultation, listening, and transparency in the firm's
client-first approach to business. Reporting Relationships The
Portfolio Operations Analyst will report to the Chief Operating
Officer and routinely be responsible for supporting several
different senior business managers in investment, client service,
finance, and operations. Responsibilities
- Data Management, Financial Reporting including:
- Working closely with the Operations team to prepare, quality
control, and deliver data for any routine or ad-hoc requests
- Support data collection & research for alternative investment
- Development of alternatives platform reviews & materials
- Proposal preparation and related analysis including:
- Collaborate with Senior Analysts to deliver custom proposals in
support of institutional advisory and sub-advisory accounts
- Support Portfolio Managers in the development of custom
- Distribution and Client Service support including:
- Responsible for data entry into various databases in support of
- Maintenance of intermediary distribution partner account
information in FactSet and the CRM
- Coordinate with Marketing as needed for updates or creation of
new or custom content
- Primary responsibility for ongoing operational & investment
approach DDQs supporting distribution
- Support custom institutional reviews
- Help develop deliverables for distribution, including markets
content & factsheets
- Develop new model dashboards & commentaries
- Content support
- Special projects including:
- Data-driven technology implementations
- Implementation of proposal tool
- Support of 401(k) reporting tools
- Help onboarding new advisor firms
- Implementation of client marketing materials "Must Have"
- 2-3 years of work experience in financial services with a basic
understanding of global capital markets.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office software suite including
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, requiring an online Excel test with
scores above 90% on the Intermediate Level test and above 75% on
the Advanced Level test.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including writing
samples from previous college coursework or employment
- Strong analytical and cognitive problem-solving skills, as
measured by the Wonderlic assessment.
- Strong academic track record including an undergraduate degree
in STEM, business, finance, accounting or economics, or a
professional career track record in financial planning or
- Willingness to be held accountable for independent work
product, and function effectively in a fast-paced and collaborative
work environment. Desirable Qualifications
- Prior career experience in banking, securities, or investment
- Advanced degrees in business, finance, economics, or
investments, or professional certification such as a CFA, CPA, CFP,
or other business-related qualification.
- Knowledge of FactSet, Morningstar, Salesforce, Bloomberg, and
Orion software tools. Personal & Professional Competencies
- Learning Agility - Quickly absorbing new information and the
significance of changes in dynamic situations.
- Curiosity - Demonstrating a passion for learning, speculating
on "what if" scenarios, and engaging in strategic inquiry.
- Analytic Skill - Applying logic and sound reasoning to
determine the facts of the case and expose root causes.
- Conceptual Skill - Understanding complex situations or
organizations in their entirety, grasping interrelationships and
essential elements, and seeing their implications.
- Energy/Endurance/Tenacity - Having a high capacity for work and
the ability to maintain concentration and full mental and physical
ability over long stretches of time.
- Integrity - Doing the right thing by others, having the courage
of own convictions, and adhering to strongly held principles and
- Candor - Being straightforward, frank, and direct others, but
- Empathy - Understanding and acknowledging the feelings and
experiences of others and acting out of a consideration for those
feelings and experiences.
- Sense of Humor - Being able to be self-deprecatory and to see
the lighter side of difficult situations.
Keywords: Wilbanks Smith & Thomas, Norfolk , Portfolio Analyst, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!