Company: Cambridge International Systems
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Cambridge International Systems has an immediate career
opportunity for a Systems Analyst to join our Military Sealift
Command (MSC) IT Support Services team! Qualified candidates must
possess an active Secret clearance.The System Analyst will be
responsible for enhancing Information Technology Service Management
(ITSM) to support emerging requirements as well as enhance and
develop IT capabilities in support of the MSC mission. More
specifically, the Systems Analyst will serve as computer systems
subject matter expert on projects that typically involve the
establishment of a framework for new automated systems. The
successful candidate will provide technical analysis, design,
installation, maintenance and modification of broad/complex
computer systems. The chosen candidate will play a crucial role in
providing the technical foundation for a variety of operations.The
Systems Analyst will:
- Maintain and modify complex systems and/or design and develop
integrated subsystems. The chosen Analyst will formulate
requirements, conduct feasibility studies, recommend the optimum
approach, advise on alternatives and on the implications of new or
revised data processing systems.
- Conduct analysis of current and future requirements relating to
design, testing, fielding, and mission effectiveness.
- Perform problem analysis to resolve system or application
issues. Perform diagnosis of problems, providing solutions within
area of responsibility, and/or through consulting with team
- Facilitate completion of engineering activities and transfer of
- Drive engineering activities and program milestones through the
development and review of engineering and requirements
documentation, system engineering technical review briefing
materials, and schedules.
- Create an environment that promotes end-user self-sufficiency.
The chosen Analyst will work with data custodians and departmental
representatives to maintain and enhance information systems across
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with vendors. Conduct product
evaluations, participate in vendor selection and foster vendor
- Stay current with technological developments in software
development, systems and application support, as well as management
and user support practices.
- Consult with Government staff and with other Contractor staff
to ensure understanding of task objectives, identify problems and
- Work with IT application technical teams to develop appropriate
technical requirements, data models, and database designs that
result in the appropriate solutions for the MSC customer.Required
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of business processes related to systems
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office software such as
Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Exceptional computer, hardware, software, and analytical
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into
- Good attention to detail - Is thorough, accurate and consistent
when accomplishing a task with concern for all the areas
- Ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Active DOD Secret clearance.Required Experience
- B.S. Degree in a related discipline; will consider 4+ years
direct experience showing progressive responsibility and applicable
IT certifications or training in lieu of degree.
- 1-3 years of direct Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, or
Software Testing Experience
- Technical certifications highly preferred (Security+, MCSE,
Network Engineering-related certifications)At Cambridge, we
recognize innovation and agility grow through diverse
collaboration. Our team is comprised of unique individuals, and it
is our policy to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring,
training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age,
disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or
category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or
regulations. It is our firm intent to support equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable
federal, state, and local laws and regulations.If you are a
qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran
requiring assistance with the application process, please visit
https://cbridgeinc.com/accessibility/ for information on how to
Keywords: Cambridge International Systems, Norfolk , Systems Analyst, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!