Company: SJS Executives, LLC
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Location: US-VA-NorfolkJob ID: 2# of Openings: 1Category: Supply
SJS Executives is currently seeking a Logistics Analyst for a
position in the Hampton Roads area. Our ideal candidate will have
prior Navy Logistics or NAVSUP back office experience. The
candidate will be performing a variety of logistics support tasks
across logistics element areas.
- Analyze logistics data, using methods such as data mining, data
modeling, or cost or benefit analysis.
- Apply analytic methods or tools to understand, predict, or
control logistics operations or processes.
- Arrange for sale or lease of excess storage or transport
capacity to minimize losses or inefficiencies associated with empty
- Communicate with or monitor service providers, such as ocean
carriers, air freight forwarders, global consolidators, customs
brokers, or trucking companies.
- Compare locations or environmental policies of carriers or
suppliers to make transportation decisions with lower environmental
- Compute reporting metrics, such as on-time delivery rates,
order fulfillment rates, or inventory turns.
- Confer with logistics management teams to determine ways to
optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or
- Contact carriers for rates or schedules.
- Contact potential vendors to determine material
- Determine packaging requirements.
- Develop or maintain freight rate databases for use by supply
chain departments to determine the most economical modes of
- Develop or maintain models for logistics uses, such as cost
estimating or demand forecasting
- Develop or maintain payment systems to ensure accuracy of
- Enter carbon-output or environmental-impact data into
spreadsheets or environmental management or auditing software
- Enter logistics-related data into databases
- Identify opportunities for inventory reductions.
- Interpret data on logistics elements, such as availability,
maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, strategic
sourcing or distribution, supplier management, or
- Maintain databases of logistics information.
- Maintain logistics records in accordance with corporate
- Manage systems to ensure that pricing structures adequately
reflect logistics costing.
- Monitor industry standards, trends, or practices to identify
developments in logistics planning or execution.
- Monitor inventory transactions at warehouse facilities to
assess receiving, storage, shipping, or inventory integrity.
- Prepare reports on logistics performance measures.
- Provide ongoing analyses in areas such as transportation costs,
parts procurement, back orders, or delivery processes.
- Recommend improvements to existing or planned logistics
- Remotely monitor the flow of vehicles or inventory, using
Web-based logistics information systems to track vehicles or
- Reorganize shipping schedules to consolidate loads, maximize
vehicle usage, or limit the movement of empty vehicles or
- Review procedures, such as distribution or inventory
management, to ensure maximum efficiency or minimum cost.
- Route or reroute drivers in real time with remote route
navigation software, satellite linkup systems, or global
positioning systems (GPS) to improve operational efficiencies.
- Track product flow from origin to final delivery.
- Write or revise standard operating procedures for logistics
- Advise others on logistics topics
- Analyze industry trends.
- Analyze logistics processes.
- Apply mathematical models of financial or business
- Calculate data to inform organizational operations.
- Coordinate logistics or other business operations.
- Develop business or financial information systems.
- Develop financial analysis methods.
- Discuss business strategies, practices, or policies with
- Establish organizational guidelines or policies.
- Evaluate logistics methods to reduce environmental impact.
- Execute sales or other financial transactions.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
- Maintain data in information systems or databases.
- Monitor inventories of products or materials.
- U.S. Citizen
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- High School Diploma OR GED
- Prior NAVSUP or Navy Logistics experience - Preferred
- Bachelor Degree - Preferred
- Active Secret Security Clearance - Preferred
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US
Citizenship required for most jobs.
Keywords: SJS Executives, LLC, Norfolk , Logistics Analyst, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!