Plant Funds & Cost Accountant Old Dominion University Norfolk, VA Position #00829
Company: ODU Human Resourcees
Posted on: September 4, 2020
The Office of Finance at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA)
is seeking candidates for a Financial Services Specialist I:
Objective: This position will provide cost information to
University employees and third parties, prepare quarterly and
year-end working papers for plant funds and indirect cost analysis.
This position will also reconcile fixed assets, capital project
investment bank accounts, and equipment trust and debt service
- Some general accounting and plant funds experience.
- Considerable knowledge of financial accounting/general ledgers
reconciliation, plant funds and cost accounting.
- Considerable knowledge of automated financial systems.
- Considerable knowledge of generally accepted accounting
principles and their application to fund accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, research and compile data and
develop a variety of fiscal reports.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of PC based word
processing and spreadsheet software such as MS Excel, MS Word and
MS Access to record, reconcile, monitor and report data.
- Work experience with automated financial systems and their
- Some experience in cost accounting and plant funds
- B.S. degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
This position opens August 24, 2020 and is open until filled. To
review position requirements and submit an application, please
visit and follow the online instructions.
It is the policy of Old Dominion University to provide equal
employment, educational and social opportunities for all persons,
without regard to race (or traits historically associated with race
including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such
as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, sex or gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
national origin, gender identity or expression, age, veteran
status, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation or
genetic information. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals
with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: ODU Human Resourcees, Norfolk , Plant Funds & Cost Accountant Old Dominion University Norfolk, VA Position #00829, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!