Navigation Systems Technician
Company: Life Cycle Engineering
Posted on: May 16, 2020
LIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee-owned
company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way,
which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We
are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work! Learn
more below and at www.lce.com.
Navigation Systems Technician
As Navigation Systems Technician, you will support the U.S. Navy in
the set-up and testing of Integrated Bridge Systems (IBS) on
DDG-class ships. The selected candidates will be interfacing with
U.S. Navy, civilian engineers, program managers, and logisticians,
as well as equipment manufacturers.
* Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a
DoD Secret security clearance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Functioning as a test technician, provide installation and
testing support, development of simulation equipment, and system
* Perform software and hardware testing while developing test
* Strong focus on distance support/troubleshooting as well as
on-site support for the DDG fleet.
* Install and debug navigation systems aboard US Navy ships.
* Interface with OEMs and vendors to prepare equipment for
installation, testing, and troubleshooting.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
* High School Diploma or Trade/Industrial School Diploma (or GED
Equivalent) and/or related military experience.
* Two (2) years of professional experience as an Engineering
* Previous IBS or Steering Controls troubleshooting experience
* Computer networking experience/familiarity
* LAN setup/DHCP/IP configuration settings
* TCP/IP, UDP, routing tables, network diagnostics, LAN
* Linux and C/C++ experience desired
* Windows Operating System experience/familiarity
* Windows NT/2000/XP
* Windows setup/manipulation/troubleshooting
* Permission settings, Group Policy, Registry manipulation
* Computer hardware experience/familiarity
* Building PCs, PC repair, diagnosing hardware problems
* Hard drive replacement/memory upgrades/etc
* Experience with PLCs a plus.
The position may require up to 50% travel, executing shipboard
install and start-up.
This position description represents a summary of the major
components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs
dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be
addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their
As a professional services organization, our mission is focused on
our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's
cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting
our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams
reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth
because LCE\'s success depends on the talent, innovation,
professionalism, and commitment of its employees. LCE is a
strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents
into strengths and then turning individual strengths into
organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision Plans for employees and their
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental
coverage options available
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
* Company matched 401(k) & company-funded Employee Stock Ownership
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave
* Dynamic employee innovation/entrepreneurship program which
includes education, empowerment, and monetary rewards
* Continuing Education and Professional Development programs at all
* Flexible Schedules and Relaxed Dress Code
* Employer-sponsored events, social collaboration, and open
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral
Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more
*Benefits may vary by business unit and location.
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41
CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations
prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on
their status as protected veterans or individuals with
disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals
based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations
require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability, Because of or on the basis of
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including,
but not limited to, lactation, and any other status protected by
applicable state law. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any
other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or
applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by
the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.
Keywords: Life Cycle Engineering, Norfolk , Navigation Systems Technician, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!