Small Arms - Night Vision - MK38 Gun Support Electronics Technician
Company: Life Cycle Engineering
Posted on: February 15, 2020
LIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee-owned
company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way,
which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We
are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work! Learn
more below and at www.lce.com.
Small Arms - Night Vision - MK38 Gun Support Electronics
Life Cycle Engineering is looking for an experienced Small Arms -
Night Vision - MK38 Gun Support Electronics Technician to join our
team in Norfolk, VA, filling a vacancy in the April 2020 timeframe.
In this position, you will assist Ship's Force and provide Onboard
Maintenance Training (OBMT) to Ship's Force technicians in the
performance of equipment functional checks and assessments of Small
Arms and Night Vision devices. The selected candidate will provide
Onboard Maintenance Training (OBMT) to Ship's Force technicians in
the operation, repair, maintenance, and logistics support of the
MK38 MOD 2 Gun System. This is a full-time position.
* Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD
Secret security clearance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Provide assessment status and operational checks of equipment and
* Identify and document system and/or equipment problems
* Correct and/or repair identified discrepancies and required
* Identify and document design problems
* Identify and document logistic support deficiencies and recommend
* Develop and provide on-the job training (OJT) to Ships Force
* Verify configuration data and existing 2 Kilos for accuracy
* Develop test specifications.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
* Demonstrated working knowledge of Navy assessment programs,
inspections, visit processes and reporting methods for visits.
* Demonstrated ability to use accepted current instrumentation for
* Demonstrated ability interpreting ship's drawings, wiring
diagrams and control schematics as required accomplishing assigned
* Demonstrated ability to utilize computers including the Microsoft
Office Suite for compiling information for reports and history
files, transfer digital pictures from camera to computer, enhance
as required, and label them for report purposes.
* Demonstrated ability to interact and support other inspection
teams such as but not limited to C5RA, CSPAT, TSRA, BMDRA, INSURV,
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and
* Must have recent and current experience within two (2) years
unless designated below.
* Demonstrate an ability to interpret wiring diagrams, control
schematics and plans and the ability as Subject Matter Expert (SME)
to troubleshoot, analyze and provide distance support for listed
* Specifically outline previous troubleshooting experience.
Attainment and inclusion of these special skills and or
certifications should be included in your resume as they may be
considered more advantageous to the government.
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
* SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE shall demonstrate:
* At least four (4) years of experience in troubleshooting, repair,
and assessment of Small Arms/Night Vision and MK38 MOD 2 Gun
systems found onboard US Navy ships.
* Naval Surface Warfare Center Division, CRANE Night Vision
Inspection & Testing Certification, with a minimum of two (2) years
hands-on experience in performing Small Arms Weapons inspections
and Night Vision Device inspections.
* Possession of MK38 MOD 2 systems Navy Class C school NEC 0857,
including a minimum of two (2) years of experience in
troubleshooting and repair of equipment within the scope of this
Physical Demands and Expectations:
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs,
and standing; frequent periods of prolonged sitting may be
* Ability to speak, read, hear, and write, with or without
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other
This position description represents a summary of the major
components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs
dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be
addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their
As a professional services organization, our mission is focused on
our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's
cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting
our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams
reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth
because LCE\'s success depends on the talent, innovation,
professionalism, and commitment of its employees. LCE is a
strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents
into strengths and then turning individual strengths into
organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision Plans for employees and their
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental
coverage options available
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
* Company matched 401(k) & company-funded Employee Stock Ownership
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave
* Dynamic employee innovation/entrepreneurship program which
includes education, empowerment, and monetary rewards
* Continuing Education and Professional Development programs at all
* Flexible Schedules and Relaxed Dress Code
* Employer-sponsored events, social collaboration, and open
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral
Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more
*Benefits may vary by business unit and location.
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41
CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations
prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on
their status as protected veterans or individuals with
disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals
based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations
require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability, because of or on the basis of
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including,
but not limited to, lactation, and any other status protected by
applicable state law. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any
other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or
applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by
the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.
Keywords: Life Cycle Engineering, Norfolk , Small Arms - Night Vision - MK38 Gun Support Electronics Technician, Professions , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!