FSET Afloat Network Engineer - Norfolk (Job ID#1051487)
Company: Sayres and Associates Corporation
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Sayres and Associates Corporation (Sayres) is a dynamic, Native
American-owned, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that
has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government
since 2001. We offer a broad spectrum of security, management,
technical and engineering services including Program
Administration, Policy Analysis, Counterintelligence Cyber
Security, Acquisition Management, Acquisition Logistics, Integrated
Product Support, Production Management, Business Financial
Management, Systems Engineering, Systems Integration, System Test
and Evaluation. Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with
offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
Our success can be attributed first to a proven track record of
performance excellence based on our customer-focused approach to
services. We have demonstrated experience effectively managing
large contractor teams across multiple functional areas for major
programs. Perhaps most importantly, Sayres offers financial
stability and organizational maturity comparable to a large
company, coupled with the agility of a small business, providing
cost effective solutions and best value to our customers.
Awarded the U.S. Small Business Administration, Washington
Metropolitan District Office's 8(a) Graduate of the Year for 2017,
Sayres and Associates Corporation continues to grow in a highly
competitive environment while exceeding customers' expectations and
providing a work experience conducive to personal and professional
The Afloat Network Engineer, co-located in Norfolk, VA, will be
responsible for the following:
* Provide underway end-to-end C4I Systems support on U.S. Navy and
Allied ships during the training and operational phases. Travel to
C7F, C5F, and/or embarkation in C3F expected. Overtime compensation
offered during underway periods.
* Serve as Technical Advisor for Carrier Strike Groups (CSG) and
Expeditionary Strike Groups (ESG).
* Support all units within each Strike Group.
* Provide end-to-end technical support for IT systems with special
focus on resolving issues involving multiple systems.
* Provide Speed-to-Capability technology insertions and feedback to
SPAWAR, PEO C4I, and PEO EIS on all C4I system performance, design,
and logistics issues.
* Provide assistance in troubleshooting C4ISR issues and make
recommendations concerning issue resolution and system employment
* Work with shipboard technicians, staff officers, In Service
Engineering Activity (ISEA) and other technicians, installation
engineers, Fleet Readiness Directorate staff, and others as
required to ensure required end-to-end connectivity to satisfy
fleet C4ISR requirements.
* Provide OJT on systems for shipboard and shore technicians. May
be required to mentor civilian/government technicians.
* Assist shipboard technicians in preparation of systems for
This position description is only meant to be a representative
summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities
performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be
requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated
in this description.
QUALIFICATIONS & CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (or equivalent
technical degree) and three (3) years of technical experience OR a
high school diploma or equivalent and seven (7) years of technical
experience with Afloat Navy or Marine Corps; C4I required.
* Electronics Technician, Information Systems, Information
Technician, or Firecontrolman experience preferred.
* Experience working with Consolidated Afloat Network Enterprise
* Certification as IAT2 (per DoD Inst 8750.1 and Navy requirements)
with appropriate IA certification.
* Operating systems experience can include Cisco, Unix
(Linux/Solaris), and/or Windows 2003, 2008(R2) and Win7.
* Minimum three (3) years of experience with Navy C4I, with
experience in some of the following:
* Active Directory, Group Policies, Exchange 2003/2007, ISA/TMG
server application, Alcatel Switches 7700/6800, CISCO routers and
switches, VMWare, NetApp and/or IBM Storage.
* Familiarity with configuring/troubleshooting servers, Cisco
Routers/Switches or Alcatel Switches, Cisco Access Control Lists,
TCP/IP, and security protocols.
* Experience with Information Assurance, HBSS, McAfee ePolicy
Orchestrator, and eEYE Retina Scanning tools/ACAS, WSUS.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* TS/SCI eligibility verifiable in JPAS prior to start date.
* Knowledge of Command and Control display systems such as GCCS-M
* Computing environment certification.
* VMWare and working knowledge of storage technologies including
NetApp and IBM storage.
* General experience with RF systems.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or
Sayres & Associates
Keywords: Sayres and Associates Corporation, Norfolk , FSET Afloat Network Engineer - Norfolk (Job ID#1051487), Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!