COMSEC Account Specialist with Security Clearance
Company: Bluewater Federal Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Overview BlueWater Federal Solutions is a dynamic and nimble
systems integration firm providing professional services and IT
solutions to the Federal Government throughout the nation. We are
viewed by our Federal Customers (Air Force, DHS, Army, Navy,
CENTCOM, DHA, EPA, GSA) as a trusted partner with a track record of
successful past performance and superior customer value. Without
question, our company's strength lies in our people - Over 300 men
and women who are deeply passionate about client partnership,
reliable delivery, and successful results. We are looking for
individuals who share this aspiration and invite you to join us in
work that truly makes a difference for our clients. Summary
BlueWater Federal is looking for a COMSEC Account Specialist to
support the United States Fleet Forces (USFF) Communications and
Information Systems Division (N6) and its network capabilities
contributing to Navy Fleet Readiness and Homeland Security. You
will provide assistance and support to the Fleet/HQ COMSEC/EKMS/KMI
Manager. Responsibilities * Manage, validate, and control
distribution of all COMSEC keying material (keymat) for which
USFLTFORCOM is Controlling Authority (CONAUTH).
* Process incoming requests and coordinate with key COMSEC agencies
(such as NCMS, NSA, CMIO) to effect routine or emergent COMSEC
account modifications, and/or unit deployment allowances.
* Promulgate keymat effective status, effective edition, segment
status and usage information to all users of USFF-controlled
* Coordinate and/or initiate actions to create and distribute new
cryptographic keymat as warranted for new or evolving COMSEC
* Review, evaluate and respond to reports of COMSEC Incidents;
determine impact and Controlling Authority mitigation actions as
* Update and maintain instructions/documentation for basic
shipboard COMSEC allowances.
* Conduct COMSEC account and/or space inspections/certifications
for USFF-subordinate commands as required.
* Load, track and manage COMSEC keymat for all operational COMSEC
systems installed throughout USFF HQ and outlying sites.
* Conduct semi-annual and periodic inventories of
COMSEC-accountable items throughout USFF HQ and outlying sites.
Qualifications * Must have a TS/SCI Clearance
* Formal course of instruction for EKMS Manager or KMI Account
Manager or Basic COMSEC Procedures
* 2+ years as COMSEC/EKMS/KMI Account Manager or Primary Alternate
or 4+ years as Local Element user or COMSEC material user
* Background and knowledge of DoN's Communications Security
Material System (CMS), function of cryptographic devices and
prevailing Information Security Regulations.
* Thorough knowledge of National and Navy COMSEC and Electronic Key
Management regulations, including EKMS-1(Series) and
* Proficiency and in-depth experience with Navy COMSEC procedures
relating to issuing, handling, storing and destruction of COMSEC
* Comprehensive knowledge of operational requirements pertaining to
the use of COMSEC material.
* Knowledge and proficiency in development of written material, to
include draft and format of Naval messages. BlueWater Federal is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability. Options Apply for this job
online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Keywords: Bluewater Federal Solutions, Inc., Norfolk , COMSEC Account Specialist with Security Clearance, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!