MARMC Engineering Techs IV/Shipbuilding Specialists - Norfolk
Company: ITA International, LLC
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Overview ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated
support services to include analysis, planning, training,
acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics,
and maritime support services to government, non-governmental
organizations and commercial customers worldwide. ITA is
anticipating an upcoming opportunity for 5 Engineering
Tech/Shipbuilding Specialist for our Norfolk Naval, VA location in
May 2019. This is contingent upon contract modification.
Responsibilities Technician will assist the Project Manager and
Class Team Lead for certain repair availabilities, and as such,
coordinates, schedules and administers assigned repair work to
ensure that planning functions are completed in time to permit
orderly work list preparation, screening, and specification
preparation. The Tech will provide the following:
- Take positive measures to prevent unauthorized
modifications/alterations to a ship/boat in availability.
- Assures that technical decisions regarding reliability,
configuration and system performance are properly made by the
appropriate technical authority.
- Informs superiors when customer-screening action prevents
accomplishment of repairs/alterations in accordance with applicable
directives and specifications.
- Responsible on assigned projects for the planning and execution
of various types of availability work, on any class of naval vessel
assigned to activity and includes pre-production planning to define
work to be accomplished and assurance that the development of the
work package will affect necessary repairs.
- Ensures the maximum use of NAVSEA approved Standard Items,
Standard Work Items, Class Standard Work Items and Recurring Work
Items (RWI) are identified and invoke in each work package.
- Receives work tasking from the Type Commanders and NAVSEA in
the form of SHIPALT?s, BOATALT?s, 2-KILO?s, Automated Work
Requests, special manufacturing request and special project data,
- Accomplishes ship inspections of the tasking items and
distinguishes the interrelationship of systems and component parts
of systems to determine the feasibility of combining items into
single contract specifications.
- Accomplishes ship inspections when required to modify 2-KILO?s
and 2-LIMA?s to support ship?s material conditions and to determine
actual scope of work required, including cause for repairs.
- Maintains material control and investigates availability of
material, sources of supply or manufacturers and possibilities of
- Reviews and analyzes technical feedback and problems reports
(i.e. Lessons learned, growth sequences from the waterfront) to
update future technical requirement to reduce costs and eliminate
delays and rework.
- Prepares work specifications and cost time estimates
- Reviews and evaluates contractor?s condition reports and
recommendations for additional work and provides rational for
approval or disapproval.
- Develops and reviews modifications to original specifications
and new work specifications for work to be accomplish by the
- Ensures work performed by the contractor to be in compliance to
applicable plans, specifications and all contractual requirements.
- High School Diploma and 8 years of hands-on technical
experience in the installations, testing, troubleshooting fault
isolation and repair of shipboard systems/equipment.
- Minimum 3 years full time hands-on technician experience in
assembly, overhaul, repair, modification, operation,
troubleshooting, and maintenance of shipboard systems and
- Must complete 10 hour OSHA Maritime Shipyard Course within 60
days of employment
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and
- Current DoD active SECRET clearance. ITA international is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal
Opportunity Employer ? Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Keywords: ITA International, LLC, Norfolk , MARMC Engineering Techs IV/Shipbuilding Specialists - Norfolk, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!