Surface - Navigation Radar On-Site Support
Company: Life Cycle Engineering
Posted on: June 13, 2019
LIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee owned
company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way,
which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We
are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work! Learn
more below and at www.lce.com.
SURFACE NAVIGATION RADAR ON-SITE SUPPORT (OSS)
Life Cycle Engineering is looking for a qualified SURFACE
NAVIGATION RADAR (OSS) to join our Mid-Atlantic team in Norfolk,
VA., providing on-site support to the Mid-Atlantic Regional
Maintenance Center (MARMC).
* Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain DoD Secret
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Conduct specified engineering/technical evaluations, perform
equipment functional checks, perform troubleshooting/test/analysis,
operation, maintenance, installation, diagnose connectivity faults
and equipment repair for Surface Search and Navigation RADAR
systems AN/SPS-67(V) Series Radar, AN/SPS-73(V), Bridge Master E
(BME), RADAR DISPLAY & DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM (RADDS) operation,
maintenance, installation and connectivity faults and other systems
supported by MARMC 285.
* Provide Onboard Maintenance Training (OBMT) to Ship's Force
technicians in the operation, repair, maintenance, and logistics
support of listed systems.
* Provide support for shipboard Combat Systems tasks including
(GROOM), (PIA), (C5RA), (TSRA), (ICMP), (INSURV) programs and (T/A)
Tech Assist events.
* Assist Ship's Force technicians and government personnel at
assigned locations to analyze and resolve malfunctions detected
during equipment operation and test.
* Analyze equipment review and inspection data to determine source
of fault, and recommend repair, replacement or other corrective
* Suggest equipment engineering changes toward improving quality
and reliability and to facilitate installation, maintenance and
* Report findings/discrepancies as required to the designated 285
Branch Supervisor via TAAS, Maintenance Action Forms, written /
electronic de-brief and/or write a Technical Assistance Visit
Report (TAVR) at completion of shipboard Radar System tasks.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
* While not required, any experience gained at a MOTU, FTSC or RMC
may be more advantageous to the government and should be so
annotated in resume.
* Demonstrate at least six (6) years' experience in installation,
testing, troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair of combat or
C4I systems and equipment including a minimum of three (3) years'
specialized experience in troubleshooting and repair of the
following equipment (in descending order of importance). Experience
may be concurrent:Surface Search Navigation Radar Systems:
* AN/SPS-67(V) Series Radar
* AN/SPS-73(V) Series Radar
* RADAR Display & Distribution System (RADDS) AN/SPQ-14 /
* AN/SPA-25G / AN/SPA-25H Radar Console
* Bridge Master E (BME)
* Shall be required to write Technical Assistance Visit Reports
(TAVR) and MAF / Debrief reports.
* Oral debriefings shall be provided to the appropriate ships
personnel and MARMC personnel.
* Must be able to work independently with little oversight or
Physical Demands and Expectations:
* Office and shipboard environment; duties of this job require the
mobility to visit jobsites when required.
* Requires occasional climbing and lifting up to 25 lbs.
* Occasional exposure to noise levels requiring hearing
* Must have motor coordination skills, ability to perform basic
arithmetic accurately and quickly, the ability to express ideas
using the spoken word and perception of speech.
This position description represents a summary of the major
components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs
dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be
addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on
our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's
cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting
our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams
reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth
because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and
commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization
focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then
turning individual strengths into organizational performance that
supports our clients' success.
* Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision Plans for employees and their
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental
coverage options available
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
* Company matched 401(k) & company-funded Employee Stock Ownership
* Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave
* Dynamic employee innovation/entrepreneurship program which
includes education, empowerment, and monetary rewards
* Continuing Education and Professional Development programs at all
* Flexible schedules and relaxed dress code
* Employer-sponsored events, social collaboration, and open
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral
Program, numerous recognition opportunities, and more...
*Benefits may vary by business unit and location
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41
CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations
prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on
their status as protected veterans or individuals with
disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals
based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations
require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability. In addition, LCE will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the
employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall
also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.
Keywords: Life Cycle Engineering, Norfolk , Surface - Navigation Radar On-Site Support, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!