Posted on: February 13, 2019
ADP is hiring a Senior Buyer. Responsible for the purchasing of complex and/or high volume goods and services to satisfy internal ADP needs. Actively develops and constructs national agreements as well as occasionally conducting spot buys. Advance the usage and efficiencies related to the Ariba Ordering/Requisition system and interacts with the related team members in developing and managing catalogs.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Lead transactional purchasing of sophisticated, multi-dollar volume of goods and services, including technology (software and hardware);
- Develop and supervise key strategic supplier relationships and selected transaction catalogs for internal ADP clients - valued at about $3 to $6 Million each annually;
- Develop comprehensive supply chain relative to daily/weekly consumables and associated purchasing transactions;
- Perform as a key internal client representative, or account executive, relative to assigned commodities for ADP groups with comprehensive oversight on day-to-day purchasing transactions;
- Partner and perform as advisor to key purchasing team members and procurement management;
- Ensure pricing, contract terms and conditions on purchasing transactions are consistent with agreements.
- Skilled negotiator and supplier management with the ability to quickly interpret and apply ADP policies and guidelines to the purchase transactions under the incumbents charge;
- Assists Buyers and Associate Buyers on day-to-day transaction processes and takes a lead role as appropriate;
- Expert at purchasing on the "spot market" and a leader in best practice purchase transactions;
- Gathers and analyzes data and financial metrics through sophisticated reporting tool sets.
- Expert at Ariba Buyer - ADP's Purchasing Module/System
- Champions the use and application of Ariba Buyer and other Ariba on-line applications, systems and tools.
- Works with key procurement leaders and professionals and company managers to identify product changes, cost savings and other opportunities within the on-line catalogs and spot market.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years as a Buyer with proven proficiency in sourcing, negotiating and purchasing
- Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in education and experience with a Major Area of Concentration in Business, Economics, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education & experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of the procurement marketplace; Knowledge of software licensing useful
- Contract review and drafting skills
- Demonstrated financial analysis skills
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE-- Magazine, and recognized by Forbes-- as one of "The World's Most Innovative Companies," ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Keywords: ADP, Norfolk , Senior Buyer, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!