Company: Hampton Roads Transit
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Position: Buyer II Department: Finance/Procurement Reports To: Director of Procurement Salary Range: $45,352 - $57,824 This is a procurement position with a focus on the acquisition of parts and equipment for HRT's Light Rail system and hardware, software and services for HRT's Technology Department. The employee coordinates the actions necessary for the procurement and administration of equipment, supplies and services in conjunction with the Light Rail and Technology Departments. Responsible for small purchase procurements (under $100,000) from inception through closeout. Administers contracts in the areas of services, goods and construction. The position has both purchasing and administrative responsibilities. Essential Job Functions:(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Procures parts necessary for the maintenance of light rail vehicles and related activities. The employee may be required to purchase other goods and services as needed.
- Procures information technology equipment, supplies and services, to include hardware and software.
- Prepares requests for quotations, ensuring procedures are in accordance with established laws, regulations and policies.
- Plans and develops small purchase procurements, including assisting in planning, scheduling and developing text for solicitation packages. Analyzes requirements and recommends solicitation and contract type, including general terms and special provisions.
- Develops and issues solicitations in accordance with HRT's Procurement Policies and Procedures Manual and applicable requirements of Federal, Commonwealth and local laws and regulations.
- Conducts cost and price analyses as required.
- Responds to vendor questions received during the solicitation process.
- Reviews, evaluates and determines responsiveness and responsibility of offers received.
- Prepare small purchase contract documents and coordinates award of contracts. Issues notices of award and/or notices to proceed.
- Monitors vendors and markets; seeks to identify new sources for products.
- Obtains best prices possible; ensures compliance with delivery dates and other user requirements.
- Manages small purchase contract administration through final closeout, which includes:
- Monitoring contractor activities to ensure compliance with the provisions of the contract.
- Acting as liaison between contractor and HRT staff.
- Reviewing contractor change proposals and issuing contract modifications (change orders).
- Maintaining comprehensive contract files and current status.
- Researches and documents justifications where competition is not possible.
- Researches and documents instances where a waiver of the Federal Transit Administration Buy America requirements is necessary.
- Develops information for blanket purchase orders, indefinite quantity/indefinite delivery contracts, and similar purchasing methods.
- Ability to complete assignments within strict timelines and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Trains technical people as necessary in procurement practices and procedures.
- Participates in internal working groups as required, and in industry-wide organizations.
- Represents HRT with vendors, and at vendor meetings.
- Performs administrative duties, including maintaining purchase order status lists, vendor lists, contract files, etc.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT's EMS.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT's Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan. Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- Experience in procurement-oriented work in a light rail organization preferred (pre- and post-award).
- Experience in procurement-oriented work with technology hardware, software and services.
- Must have knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of government contracting procedures and techniques.
- Must have experience in dealing with the import process from suppliers in Europe and Asia, as well as Canada, including U.S. customs requirements and currency exchange.
- Must be capable of maintaining an organized workplace and function, and of maintaining a high level of production.
- Must be able to manage multiple and competing priorities, while maintaining effective working relationships.
- Good communication skills and a willingness to work as part of a high-performance team is essential.
- Must be able to work without supervision and exercise initiative. Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions: Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem-solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated. Software applications: Proficient using PC/software applications, to include Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), Internet Explorer (or equivalent). PeopleSoft and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus. Training and/or Education: A minimum of two years of college. Advanced courses in procurement are required. Courses in rail transit-related topics and/or computer operations and functions are preferred. Verifiable procurement certifications and/or contracts management training preferred. Required Experience: At least five years of procurement-related experience in the areas of technology related purchases and light rail parts and equipment. At least two years' experience working with customs brokers servicing Europe, Asia, Mexico and Canada. Familiarity with the Virginia Public Procurement Act and related statutes, Federal Transit Administration requirements and the Federal Acquisition Regulations highly preferred. Licenses or Certificates: Virginia Driver's License Special Requirements: This position is classified as non-essential personnel. FLSA Status: Exempt Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires high-speed operation of keyboard devices. Unusual Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime. Work may require attendance at after-hours meetings, overtime, unusual office conditions, and other general procurement demands.
Keywords: Hampton Roads Transit, Norfolk , Buyer II, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!