Dining Room Supervisor
Company: Fort Norfolk Retirement Community Inc
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Description:The Dining Room Supervisor is responsible for
ensuring the dining staff will operate within established
objectives, standards, policies, and procedures in accordance with
federal and state regulations, customer needs and company policies
with a focus on achieving and maintaining a high standard of
resident satisfaction and meeting organizational business
objectives.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for new staff training, including scheduling,
classwork, putting together and updating training materials, and
actively guiding new staff.
- Responsible for scheduling all front of house staff, approving
or declining time off requests.
- Responsible for the inventory and ordering of liquor, beer,
wine, office supplies, tableware, and uniforms.
- Responsible for opening and closing of the dining department
- Complete the daily line up notes and conduct daily pre-shift
- Ongoing training and coaching of dining staff, to include
culinary terms, food items, and wines.
- Implement and maintain the opening and closing checklists,
daily floorplans, and assignments for dining rooms.
- Collaborate and support the Events Manager to fully staff and
support resident events, including holiday picnics, wine dinners,
cocktail hours, and any other special events scheduled.
- Ensure menus are updated, printed, distributed and POS buttons
are entered and correct daily.
- Supervise the staff during dining services, ensuring proper
steps of service.
- Interact with the residents in the dining rooms and answer any
dining related questions; ensure any concerns received are
addressed and resolved timely.
- Update OpenTable reservation system to reflect dining needs and
- Serve as back-up to front of the house positions, such as
Server, Bartender, Host, To-Go Server, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Requirements:EDUCATION AND
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; bachelor's
degree in hospitality is preferred.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience
in the hospitality industry and/or restaurant management (fine
dining). REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of fine dining planning and analysis.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures, laws, regulations, and
guidelines pertaining to long-term care dining procedures.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to be creative,
organized, and motivated when interacting with residents, staff,
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of databases.
- Ability to multi-task and work with limited
Keywords: Fort Norfolk Retirement Community Inc, Norfolk , Dining Room Supervisor, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...