Operations Specialist - Top Secret -military transitional welcome
Company: Cambridge International Systems Inc
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Cambridge International Systems is seeking an Operations
Specialist to support our Navy customer onsite at the Naval Air
Station Oceana Dam Neck Annex. Qualified candidates for this job
must possess an active TOP SECRET clearance with SCI Eligibility
and must be able to work at either this location or an off-site
Cambridge office location in Virginia Beach, VA.We at Cambridge
International Systems identify IT Network Engineering requirements,
enhance and develop IT capabilities, and provide technical
solutions in support of the Navy's mission. The Operations
Specialist will play an integral role in manning a 24x7 Watch Floor
helping our Navy customer and ensuring sustainment operations are
carried out in accordance with specified objectives through the
following roles and responsibilities:Roles and Responsibilities
- The Operations Specialist is a member of a 24/7 support team
responsible for overseeing daily operations. Must be able to work
within a team standing a rotating watch to ensure project
- Be able to monitor operations and to include mission and
support systems (generators, HVAC, etc.) and leverage a wide range
of accesses and technical tools to immediately fix many of the
technical issues that hinders the mission.
- Monitor IT mission equipment including, servers, clients,
routers, switches, telecommunications cabling, etc.
- Provide basic troubleshooting skills to resolve problems
- Act as escalation manager liaison between operations and
support elements for rapid restoration notification.
- Provide timely updates to customers, Senior Leadership and the
Program Manager for situational awareness documentation.
- Conduct pass down briefings, maintain pass down logs and
present to on-coming watch teams.
- Train and mentor newly assigned and/or junior watch
- Prepare and disseminate information reports, presentations and
other deliverables to project leadership.
- Conduct routine project status meetings with Government Project
Managers and Cambridge's project team and help identify project
challenges and risks while offering alternatives to achieve success
and continually improve enterprise processes.
- Facilitate or participate in the creation of document
deliverables, such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), System
Assessments, Project Status Reports, etc. prior to submitting to
- Ensure project deadlines are kept and ensure tasks remain
within project scope.
- Show initiative and the ability to work within a team while
keeping Cambridge management informed of shifting priorities and
challenges.Required SkillsThe ideal candidate is someone with
excellent problem solving and analytical skills, decision making,
communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
who is/can: -
- Respond quickly to situations -
- Well organized -
- Customer focused -
- Flexible -
- Work effectively in diverse environments to include civilians,
military and contractors -
- Concurrently handle multiple issues and assignmentsRequired
- Minimum High School and four (4) years' experience working in a
team environment. -
- Must have an active DOD TOP SECRET security clearance with the
ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Well organized and detail orientated.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Basic Electronics and electricity experience.
- Willing and able to work shift, overtime, holidays, and
weekends as required.
- Ability to establish confidence and credibility with managers
and senior level Navy leaders and the ability to foster open
communications within teams.
- Proficient in MS Office software products.Desired
- IAT Level I or higher certification
- Military Training Schools
- US Veteran -Work ScheduleSchedule: Willing and able to work
shift, overtime, holidays, and weekends as required. Typical shift
is 12 hours per day and 40-hour work week.At Cambridge, we
recognize innovation and agility grow through diverse
collaboration. Our team is comprised of unique individuals, and it
is our policy to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring,
training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age,
disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or
category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or
regulations. It is our firm intent to support equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable
federal, state, and local laws and regulations.If you are a
qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran
requiring assistance with the application process, please visit -
-for information on how to request assistance.Powered by
Keywords: Cambridge International Systems Inc, Norfolk , Operations Specialist - Top Secret -military transitional welcome, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...