2023 Summer College Program Server
Company: City Experiences
Posted on: January 23, 2023
City Experiences is seeking a Summer College Program Server for
our City Experiences operation in Norfolk, VA.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City
Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
The right person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody the RESPECT
There are many benefits of working with us including:
- Firsthand exposure to the hospitality, travel, and tourism
industry while working in one of our many welcoming
- Engaging learning experiences to develop your professional
- Access to network with industry leaders with decades of
knowledge and experiences
- Opportunities to experience our company's exciting and fun
products including sightseeing and dinner cruises
- Competitive Compensation
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and
- Greet guests and serve food and beverages in a timely
- Accurately take orders and enter them into the point-of-sale
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of all common
- Set up and break down dining room and service stations as
- Accurately collect payment from guests for onboard
- Provide information to guests, including menu descriptions,
order of service, entertainment options, cruise route, and points
- Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time.
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with
- Assist with the warm and efficient greeting and seating of
guests when they arrive.
- Summer College Program Additional Information:
- All program participants are expected to provide exceptional
hospitality to guests and coworkers as prescribed in our company
- In this unique program, you will have the option to participate
in as many educational opportunities as you would like based on
- Opportunities include:
- Shadowing various departments within the local office -sales,
marketing, ticketing, accounting, HR, etc to learn all aspects of
- Attend educational sessions and webinars with Senior and
- Skill development sessions on topics such as communication and
- Attend forecasting reviews, detail meetings, sales meetings,
etc., based on the level of interest in various
- Participation in professional development workshops
- Networking with our experienced crew and learning about their
career journey with City Experiences
- Additional duties assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Internship timeframe June - August
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be pursuing an associate's degree or bachelor's
- Available to work during the summer season
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential.
- Must be able to convey written and verbal information
effectively to guests and coworkers.
- Must possess a service orientation - actively looking for ways
to help others.
- Basic computer skills required, including proficiency in
Microsoft Office Suite
- Will work for extended periods without sitting.
- Required to lift furniture and other heavy items such as dishes
up and downstairs.
- Will be required to be available for work on weekends and
- A self-starter, capable of working in a fast-paced
- Highly efficient team player, with the ability to also work
independently in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Process and quality-oriented with sharp attention to
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land
and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and
acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that
welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an
enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where
communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may
just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service Systemembodies City Experiences' mission,
vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company
culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us
to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and
The Companyis proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment against any applicants or employees based upon their
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical
disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics
prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, we encourage all qualified applicants including those
with past arrest or conviction records to apply.The
Companyparticipates in the E-Verify program in certain
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
records to apply.
Keywords: City Experiences, Norfolk , 2023 Summer College Program Server, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!