-NATO CDMS Data Scientist
Company: SimIS Inc.
Posted on: January 21, 2023
SimIS Inc seeks a Capability Development Management Support
(CDMS) Data Scientist to assist our NATO ACT customer with the
capture, development, architecture, data science, operational
analysis, and quality assurance of capability requirements. Data
science, data analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) are
increasingly gaining momentum in NATO touching all military and
political domains and functional areas. In response to HQ SACT's
understanding of the disruptive potential of data science and AI,
and recognizing the strategic value of data, the Data Science &
Artificial Intelligence section is focusing on data science and AI
as cross-cutting and enabling capabilities for HQ SACT and the NATO
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an enabling
data science and AI capability at HQ SACT and for the NATO
- Identify, contribute to and implement ML/AI initiatives across
HQ SACT and the NATO Enterprise with suggestions for ML approaches
and implementation, including the processing of training data and
performance assessment of machine learning techniques on
- Apply existing data science techniques to new problems and
datasets using specialized programming techniques to meet needs of
the project and customer.
- Evaluate the outcomes and performance of data science models.
Identify and implement opportunities to train and improve models
and the data they use.
- Publish reports on machine learning model outputs to meet
customer needs and conform to agreed standards.
- Support review of data science and AI activities, processes,
products or services.
- Support development and maintenance of data pipelines for
structured and unstructured data.
- Support internal and external communities that bring together
DS & AI practitioners and consumers.
- Support development of scientific studies.
- Support educational efforts and training development related to
data, AI or digital literacy.
- Support building a data-driven culture that uses analytics to
generate insights, improve decision making at all levels, inform
strategy and policy decisions, and improve performance.
- A Master's degree or higher in Data Science, Data Analytics, AI
engineering, or a related discipline such as Mathematics, Physics,
Computer Science, Software Engineering, OR four years minimum
professional experience in the area of Data Science, including
providing analysis and advice in the field of data science, within
the last five years.
- Proficient in Machine Learning/ ML engineering/ AI, statistical
and mathematical analysis.
- Experience in modern software architecture and software
development related to data science, analytics and data
integration, e.g. Python, SQL, R, KNMIE.
- Experience with machine learning and AI frameworks, using e.g.
TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, or other modern machine learning
- Experience with planning, executing and maintaining Data
- Experience visualizing data and producing high quality graphs
and reports, charts and interactive dashboards using tools such as
Tableau, MS Power BI, and Kibana.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Experience in providing training in various areas related to
data science, analytics, and AI at different technical levels.
- Portfolio of demonstrable products available via GitLab, or
- Ability to work in a cloud environment, in particular Microsoft
Azure, or Amazon Web Services.
- Working experience in an international environment with both
military and civilian elements.
- Experience working within a Big Data ecosystem, with tools such
as Databricks, Spark etc.
- Experience working with open source and publicly available
- Experienced 'data storyteller'.
- Experience working on a military staff, to include working
knowledge of NATO organization and functions.
- Experience in project management.
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Active Secret Clearance.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Short Term Disability (SimIS provides Short-Term Disability
benefits at no cost to you)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Holidays each year
- SimIS, Inc. is an AA / EOE / M / F / Disability / VET / Drug
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: SimIS Inc., Norfolk , -NATO CDMS Data Scientist, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!