Part Time Hotel Front Desk
Company: Econo Lodge at Naval Station Norfolk
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Econolodge at Naval Station Norfolk is currently looking for
Part Time Front Desk Agents.
The Guest Services Associate (GSA) is responsible for representing
the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay.
The GSA determines a guest's reservation status and identifies how
long the guest will stay, helps guest's complete registration cards
and then assigns rooms accommodating special requests whenever
possible, verifies the guest's method of payment and follows
established credit-checking procedures, places guest and room
information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicates
this information to the appropriate hotel personnel, and works
closely with the housekeeping department in keeping room status
reports up to date. The GSA also provides area information and
suggestions of places to eat, shop, etc., to guests that inquire,
so area knowledge is a must.
*Overview of Duties and Responsibilities*
- Registers guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for
- Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit,
check-cashing, and cash-handling policies and procedures
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote
other services of the hotel.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department
by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early
check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department.
Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary.
Knows cancellation procedures.
- Processes guest check-outs.
- Posts and files all charges to guest, master, and city ledger
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is
aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the
- Attends department meetings.
- Coordinates guestroom maintenance work with the engineering and
- Reports any unusual occurrences or request to the manager or
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.50 - $12.50 per hour
* Employee discount
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* 8 hour shift
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Econo Lodge at Naval Station Norfolk, Norfolk , Part Time Hotel Front Desk, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!