Survey Party Chief - Bridges 491
Posted on: September 23, 2022
As a -Survey Party Chief on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge
Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will -be
responsible for leading a crew that -jointly---performs field
layouts---and as-built surveys---for construction purposes. - The
Hampton Roads Connector Partners -JV -(HRCP) consisting of
Flatiron, Dragados USA and VINCI, -has -been selected -to construct
the $3.3BN Design Build -project --the largest -civil -construction
contract -ever -awarded by the Virginia Department of
Transportation (VDOT). - - - The project scope -across a 9 mile
section of the I-64 -will include: -a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel
crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity
across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach
bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction.
-The twin 45' diameter 1.5-mile tunnels -will be bored -by TBM,
creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North
America. -The project -is expected -to continue to the end of 2025.
- Responsibilities: -
- Establishes and monitors---construction---layout for both
temporary and permanent work elements -
- Maintains and replaces the survey---control network---within
the accuracy---as per---VDOT's---survey manual -
- Fully utilizes survey equipment, software, and survey systems
-in -performing and managing project surveying for the construction
of the project -
- Responsible -for -keeping and maintaining the surveying
equipment assigned to the crew, including regular verifications
- Performs as-built surveys for the different disciplines -
- Import/Export survey data from/to the field -
- Find potential issues ahead of time and be able to problem
solve - Qualifications: -
- Bachelor's Degree from an
accredited---institution---(preferred) or relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years survey experience include bridge structures
(ideally marine bridges).
- Demonstrable experience in marine works such as dredging/rock
placement/role piling/island expansion/etc.--- preferred.
- Sound knowledge of geometry,---probability, statistical
inference, survey---control---networks, least squares adjustment
and common survey procedures---that lead toward---high accuracies.
- Ability to communicate with a vast range of -project
stakeholders (engineers, superintendents, craft workers etc.)
- Possess strong problem solving abilities to address and solve
survey challenges associated with construction operations. -
- Ability---to learn quickly how to use and operate new survey
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and
specifications and translate into survey data for layout in the
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize
- Familiarity with---Microstation---Openroads/GEOPAK,---Civil
3D---and Trimble Business Center---(demonstrable---experience with
the software is a plus). -
- Knowledge and experience with---Microsoft---Word and Excel.
Keywords: Dragados, Norfolk , Survey Party Chief - Bridges 491, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!