Posted on: August 3, 2022
Purpose of Job Let s do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military
community and their families. It s both a chance to say thank you
and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a significant
way. To do it right, we need the right people. We re looking for
those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it.
Come be a part of what makes us so special! Military Veterans and
Spouses are highly encouraged to apply!
We have multiple desk based positions available for onsite or
hybrid (as defined of at least three days in the office, or based
on business needs) or remote work situations. Preferred candidates
are expected to live within a commutable distance of one of our
offices in San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Chesapeake, VA,
or Colorado Springs, CO. Job Requirements As an Injury Adjuster,
you will work within defined guidelines and framework, responsible
to adjust non-attorney involved soft tissue bodily injury or auto
PIP/MP medical claims to include confirming coverage, determining
liability, investigating, evaluating, negotiating, defending, and
settling claims in compliance with state laws and regulations.
Accountable for delivering a concierge level of best in class
member service through setting appropriate expectations, proactive
communications, advice, and compassion.Primary
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Adjusts non-attorney involved soft tissue bodily injury claims,
as well as all auto physical damage associated with those
- Adjusts soft tissue, moderately complex and complex 1st party
PIP/MP medical claims.
- Identifies, confirms, and makes coverage decisions on soft
- Investigates loss details, determines legal liability,
evaluates, negotiates, and arrives at claim settlement within
appropriate authority guidelines.
- Clearly documents thought process, investigation, evaluation,
negotiation, and settlement decisions.
- Provides advice and sets expectations into next steps to
- Collaborates and supports team members to resolve issues and
identify appropriate matters for escalation.
- Partners and/or directs vendors and internal business partners
to facilitate timely claims resolution.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe Operations as
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 1 year of auto liability adjusting experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of the auto claims contract
as well as application of case and state laws and regulations
- Acquisition and maintenance of insurance adjuster license
within 90 days and designated number of attemptsPreferred
- Military Experience or Affiliation
- Ongoing Professional Development with a focus on Insurance
- 2+ years Auto Liability/Casualty adjusting experience to
include complex/multi vehicle liability
- Bachelors Degree or higher.
- 1yr Medical experience to include coding and billing or EMTWork
from home member contact employees must have access to minimum
broadband internet connection standards as defined by CTDO. Current
requirements are as follows:
- This is not a mobile position and will require a desktop
computer set up (provided) and hard-wired via an ethernet cord
directly into your router (no Wi-Fi).
- Bandwidth must have minimum capability of consistent speeds of
25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
- Wireless and Satellite coverage is currently not approved.
- Must be able to provide workspace at home that is safe,
suitable for work, and provide a distraction free environment from
background noises that may distract a member or internal USAA
- In some roles you will be expected to use a webcam for
training, please be prepared every day to turn on your webcam USAA
provides.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation: USAA
has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $46,000 - $82,900. Employees may
be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.Shift
premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable
roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.Please click on the link below for more details. USAA Total
Rewards Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Norfolk , Injury Adjuster, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!