Research Assistant I
Posted on: August 3, 2022
The Department of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology at
Eastern Virginia Medical School has a regular, full-time position
opening for a Research Assistant I/II. The candidate will work
under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator and
should have expertise in modern molecular biology, biochemistry and
macromolecular analysis techniques. Mass spectrometry/proteomics
experience is a plus. The successful incumbent will undertake
research projects in various aspects of biomedical sciences by
contributing to laboratory procedures and experimental
- Perform a variety of laboratory research experiments.
- Accurately record work performed including results and
methodology on a daily basis. Calculate, compile and analyze data
obtained from work performed.
- Ensure that laboratory activities are carried out in compliance
with safety procedures and guidelines in handling, storage and
disposal of bio-hazardous, infectious and toxic material.
- Contribute to manuscript preparation and stay abreast of new
and improved techniques.
- Be familiar with software and instrumentation in the
Laboratory, perform routine equipment maintenance as needed.
- Exercise a high level of integrity and honesty whilst
- Perform other related duties as assigned or
requested.Bachelor's degree in Biological science or a related
field. - Research laboratory experience beyond undergraduate
coursework is desired. - Molecular biology, cell culture and
protein analysis expertise are preferred. - Ability to multi-task
in a highly dynamic environment whilst exhibiting a professional
and pleasant manner. US-VA-Norfolk
Keywords: EVMS, Norfolk , Research Assistant I, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!