LASIK Counselor / Patient Educator
Company: CVP Physicians
Posted on: July 29, 2022
The Patient Educator assists in the interface between
potential/current patients interested in cataract surgery and the
medical, technical and administrative staff of the practice. The
Patient Educator provides face-to-face screening, balanced
education and counseling to prospective patients regarding the
benefits of intraocular lens options, including elective options
with advanced-technology lenses (ATIOLs). In addition, the educator
discusses cost and payment options for these elective services. The
educator implements all facets of relationship management systems
including data entry of marketing and outcome data.--
- Demonstrates quality patient service during interactions with
patients, coworkers, and vendors
- Exhibits a positive attitude and is flexible in accepting work
assignments and priorities
- Meets attendance and tardiness expectations
- Is dependable; follows policies and procedures
- Maintains professionalism in interactions with patients and
- Performs quality work and consistently exhibits initiative
--ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as a point of contact for IOL patient inquiry,
education/counseling, as well as initial information gathering.
This includes: Helping patients evaluate their vision goals
post-cataract surgery, providing information regarding eye anatomy
and the cataract surgical procedure, educating patients on each
lens option for their situation, and explaining the benefits of
- Assists physicians with daily patient flow and act as a liaison
between the patient and physician, coordinating with practice staff
to ensure seamless patient transfers.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of payment options and
provides explanation of these options with prospective
- Facilitates communications within EMR, email, or other
web-based systems including follow-up phone calls and
correspondence required to maintain patient relationships with the
practice, promptly and in a patient friendly, customer service
- Compiles and generates patient data using tracking tools and/or
- Contributes to practice development through collaboration with
administration for patient incentive letters, marketing for
promotions, and gathering patient testimonials for practice
materials and social media.
- Engages with representatives from manufacturing companies of
IOLs (ie. Alcon, B&L, AMO, etc.) to remain current on marketing
practices/promotions and patient education tools.
- Sends practice, product and/or treatment, and financing
information via email or regular mail to non-closed leads (letter
and brochure). Makes follow up phone inquiries and record progress
using tracking tools and/or spreadsheets.
- Conducts Doctor-to-Doctor calls and Doctor-to-Patient calls via
phone, email, or EMR.
- Monitors and updates the supply of educational materials for
cataract surgery and IOLs throughout the reception areas for the
- Maintains excellent communication/professional relationship
with referring doctors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned. --JOB QUALIFICATIONS--To perform the
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodation. The requirements below are representative
of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties and
responsibilities.--EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Proven excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and
computer experience, including Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in at least two (2) of the following areas
required: Customer service, Marketing, Sales, Medical/Healthcare
and/or Ophthalmology/Optometry, Patient Advocacy/Education
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills to communicate
effectively with patients, physicians, and practice staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and friendly demeanor to engage
patient and help them feel at ease
- Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to
- Proactive work ethic with a self-starter mindset to ensure
adequate preparation prior to patient counseling
- Demonstrated maturity that allows him/her to relate to the
needs/frustrations of the cataract patient and maintain a high
degree of professionalism
- Strong telephone and computer skills (ie. Word, Excel)
Keywords: CVP Physicians, Norfolk , LASIK Counselor / Patient Educator, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!