Compliance Specialist (DBE / SWaM)
Posted on: July 28, 2022
As a DBE/SWaM Compliance Specialist on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads
Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will focus
on various initiatives to implement the DBE/SWaM Program
Requirements for the project under the direction of the Compliance
Manager. The Hampton Roads Connector Partners -JV -(HRCP)
consisting of Dragados, VINCI, and -Flatiron, -has been selected
-to construct the $3.3BN Design Build -project --the largest -civil
-construction contract -ever -awarded by the Virginia Department of
Transportation (VDOT). - - - The project scope -across a 9 mile
section of the I-64 -will include: -a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel
crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity
across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach
bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction.
The twin 45' diameter 1.5-mile tunnels -will be bored -by TBM,
creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North
America. The project -is expected -to continue to the end of 2025.
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Assist the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel expansion project
DBE/SWaM Compliance Manager in implementing, tracking and refining
the project's DBE/SWaM Program and progress towards small business
- Produce compliance reports and submissions to appropriate
- Manage the project's DBE/SWaM Outreach Schedule
- Work directly and cultivate relationships with community
sources for minority and women employment and on-the-job training
- Meet with project field personnel on a regular basis to discuss
DBE/SWaM policy and ensure policy is understood and followed by all
- Monitor subcontractor DBE/SWaM reporting compliance.
- Assist with producing internal DBE/SWaM compliance training and
community outreach events.
- Work with various members of the project team to communicate
DBE/SWaM processes, procedures, and compliance.
- Complete Commercially Useful Function (CUF) reviews both on the
jobsite and at DBE/SWaM subconsultant and supplier offices
- Assist with the vetting of potential DBE/SWaM firm
participants. Qualifications: Required:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in regulatory compliance and/or
related field. - Preferred:
- Law degree is a plus.
- Experience implementing DBE and/or SWaM policies and procedures
- Familiarity of federal and Virginia state DBE/SWaM laws.
- General knowledge of construction industry and applicable
- General knowledge of federal and state regulatory
- General knowledge of minority business rules, regulations and
- Excellent research and investigative skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent training and presentation skills.
- Superior Microsoft Office suite and report production
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and change directions to meet Company
- General knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft Office
- Ability for travel to and from the project office, construction
site, and local networking/outreach events.
Keywords: Dragados, Norfolk , Compliance Specialist (DBE / SWaM), Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!