Senior Scheduler - Heavy Civil
Posted on: May 15, 2022
As a -Senior Scheduler -on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge
Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will -assist the
Project Schedule Manager with various duties such as reporting and
project coordination. - -The Hampton Roads Connector Partners -JV
-(HRCP) consisting of -Dragados, Flatiron, and VINCI -has been
selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build -project --the
largest -civil -construction contract -ever -awarded by the
Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT). - - -The project
scope -across a -9 mile -section of the I-64 -will include: -a new
3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8
lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing
marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in
each direction. -The twin 45' diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be
bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a
TBM in North America. -The project is expected to continue to the
end of 2025. - -
- Develops and manages conceptual (RFP), bidding
(preconstruction) and final project schedules from preliminary and
ongoing project information for estimating, preconstruction, and
operations departments use.
- Attends job site meetings, work and meet with stakeholders, and
contact and visit job sites in order to develop the project
- Develops standard and custom graphs and charts for site
personnel to manage the project.
- Builds and maintains a database of activity groups with
as-built information for future use and reference.
- Prepares Time Impact Analysis for identified risks to schedule
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction.
- Provides support and guidance to ensure the baseline schedule
submission is timely, complete, accurate, and in compliance with
standard company procedures and the contract.
- Assists jobs as needed with schedule maintenance and change
- Participates in financial and legal project reviews as
necessary to evaluate and mitigate any schedule risk in accordance
with standard company procedures.
- Builds owner activities, project close-out activities, and
activities from Technical Services and Safety Departments into all
- Develops documentation for claims - assist operations personnel
in identifying situations where a claim is likely and take early
steps to prevent these claims and/or defend the company and, as
appropriate the owner, from these claims.
- Participates in meetings regarding project delay issues and
suggest alternative means and methods of scheduling in order to
recover the project's progress as appropriate.
- Prepares monthly schedule status report for project management
and the Scheduling Manager.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Science, Construction
Management, Construction Engineering, or Civil Engineering
- 7+ years of heavy civil construction scheduler experience.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with
- Advanced knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Proven skill and ability to identify and mitigate scheduling
issues for simple and complex construction projects.
- Proficient with the generation and maintenance of cost and
resource loaded schedules.
- Ability to self-prioritize and self-start projects and task
- Ability to effectively multi-task similar activities in a fast
paced, time sensitive environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramWe are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
Keywords: Flatiron, Norfolk , Senior Scheduler - Heavy Civil, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!