Company: THOR Solutions, LLC
Posted on: January 16, 2022
THOR Solutions is actively seeking a mid-level Systems Engineer
with U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) experience to support a
program in Virginia Beach, VA. The Systems Engineer will be
responsible for assisting in the research, analysis, management or
testing duties related to the design, development, integration,
implementation, and quality assurance of software products,
programs, and systems.
The engineer's responsibilities may include (but are not limited
to) performing, supporting, or supervising the following
- Assist in developing system specifications, technical and
logistical requirements, and other disciplines.
- Assist in creating and maintaining programmatic and technical
documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution.
- Assist in coordinating system development tasks to include
design, integration and formal testing.
- Support Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews,
Test Readiness Reviews, Application Functional Test/Application
System Integration Testing, System Readiness Reviews, and
- Deploy product/solution in support of a DoD contract incapacity
of a system engineer or technical architect.
- Assist in managing and documenting system configurations.
- Contribute to all aspects of the requirement definition and
execution of the entire System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the
- Participate in test coordination and oversight for all
applications and systems supported by the program.
- Participate in and contribute to As-Is and To-Be process design
and build process diagrams.
- Work with project leads (Development, Functional, Technical,
Interface/Conversion) to ensure an integrated product and confirm
- Work with customers and other contractors to coordinate system
rollout activities with cross-functional teams, including IV&V
and data centers.
- Ensure the finished product meets the design objectives and any
other appropriate criteria associated with the system requirements
and Statement of Work.
Security Clearance Requirements
- Must already possess an existing, active SECRET security
clearance OR be able to qualify for a new SECRET security
clearance. Must maintain clearance for the duration of
- Candidates without an existing clearance will be required to
Required Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or
equivalent. Specific relevant experience may be substituted for
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in Systems
- At least two (2) years of experience in the delivery of
DOD-5000 acquisition deliverables and supporting Acquisition
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Familiarity with DOD-5000 processes.
- Experience supporting DoDAF and DoD-5000 for COTS
- Familiarity with Information Assurance/NISCAP Certification
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- This position includes up to 10% travel.
Typical Physical Activity
- This position's essential functions typically include (but are
not limited to): fingering/typing, hearing, sitting, standing, and
THOR Solutions, LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or protected veteran status.
Please be aware that many of our positions require the ability to
obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be
granted to U.S. citizens.
As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees
are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18,
2022 regardless of the employee's duty location or work arrangement
(e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as
required by law. If selected for hire, you will be required to be
vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of
vaccination upon start of employment with THOR, or request &
receive approval for an appropriate exception.
Founded in 2009, THOR Solutions, LLC (THOR) is a rapidly growing
Center for Veteran's Excellence (CVE) verified Service Disabled
Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing mission critical
support across the Department of Defense, federal civilian agencies
and commercial maritime industry, worldwide. THOR provides
innovative and tailored expertise in multidisciplinary engineering,
project and program management, business and financial management,
technical support, integrated logistics support, training support,
fleet support, corporate operations support, assessments and
studies. THOR is privileged to deliver service solutions to the
nation's most complex military, public sector and industry
THOR is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability,
or status as a protected veteran. THOR complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
THOR is proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. THOR does not
discriminate against a qualified applicant because of their status
as a protected veteran, or their relationship or association with a
protected veteran. This includes spouses and other family
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to
request a reasonable accommodation as part the employment selection
process, please contact us at
If you would like to view a copy of THOR's affirmative action plan,
Keywords: THOR Solutions, LLC, Norfolk , Systems Engineer, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!