Compliance Specialist (DBE / SWaM)
Posted on: November 23, 2021
As a DBE/SWaM Compliance Specialist on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads
Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will focus
on various initiatives to implement the DBE/SWaM Program
Requirements for the project under the direction of the Compliance
Manager.The Hampton Roads Connector Partners -JV -(HRCP) consisting
of Dragados, VINCI, and -Flatiron, -has been selected -to construct
the $3.3BN Design Build -project --the largest -civil -construction
contract -ever -awarded by the Virginia Department of
Transportation (VDOT). - - -The project scope -across a 9 mile
section of the I-64 -will include: -a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel
crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity
across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach
bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction.
The twin 45' diameter 1.5-mile tunnels -will be bored -by TBM,
creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North
America. The project -is expected -to continue to the end of 2025.
- Assist the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel expansion project
DBE/SWaM Compliance Manager in implementing, tracking and refining
the project's DBE/SWaM Program and progress towards small business
- Produce compliance reports and submissions to appropriate
- Manage the project's DBE/SWaM Outreach Schedule
- Work directly and cultivate relationships with community
sources for minority and women employment and on-the-job training
- Meet with project field personnel on a regular basis to discuss
DBE/SWaM policy and ensure policy is understood and followed by all
- Monitor subcontractor DBE/SWaM reporting compliance.
- Assist with producing internal DBE/SWaM compliance training and
community outreach events.
- Work with various members of the project team to communicate
DBE/SWaM processes, procedures, and compliance.
- Complete Commercially Useful Function (CUF) reviews both on the
jobsite and at DBE/SWaM subconsultant and supplier offices
- Assist with the vetting of potential DBE/SWaM firm
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in regulatory compliance and/or
related field. -Preferred:
- Law degree is a plus.
- Experience implementing DBE and/or SWaM policies and procedures
- Familiarity of federal and Virginia state DBE/SWaM laws.
- General knowledge of construction industry and applicable
- General knowledge of federal and state regulatory
- General knowledge of minority business rules, regulations and
- Excellent research and investigative skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent training and presentation skills.
- Superior Microsoft Office suite and report production
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and change directions to meet Company
- General knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft Office
- Ability for travel to and from the project office, construction
site, and local networking/outreach events.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Dragados, Norfolk , Compliance Specialist (DBE / SWaM), Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!