Posted on: November 22, 2021
WVEC, 13News Now, the award-winning ABC station in Norfolk, VA,
is seeking a News Producer who can write, create and produce
exciting and interesting newscasts. Producers must be strong
leaders who can fashion a story and showcase late-breaking
material. The ideal candidates are creative problem solvers with
strong journalistic judgment and an ability to think creatively.
Our producers use social media and digital tools skillfully to
create memorable newscasts. The best candidate will love news and
communicate well with peers. The new hire will be someone who can
contribute ideas and isn't afraid to express opinions.
- Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
- Write news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Write in an exciting, captivating, conversational, and
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great
- Develop original content ideas through social listening and
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and
- Research for facts and credibility.
- Use consumer analytics in determining content.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new
forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to
- Perform other tasks as needed. Requirements:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Minimum of two years of newscast producing experience
- Understanding of the tenets of journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound
presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant
time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and
- Knowledge of Hampton Roads, a plusIn your cover letter, please
include links to the first segment of three newscasts you recently
produced. About TEGNA TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative
media company that serves the greater good of our communities.
Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts
impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing
solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is
the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets
among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent
of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading
multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing
Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses
reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT)
platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For
more information, visit www.TEGNA.com. TEGNA requires all employees
to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the
coronavirus. EEO statement: TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity
employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse
workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,
marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender
identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in
college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status
or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws
related to accommodations.
Keywords: WVEC, Norfolk , Producer, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!