Network Security Domain Architect
Posted on: October 9, 2021
More About the Role:
Leidos currently has an opening on the Navy ‘Service Management,
Integration and Transport’ (SMIT) Contract for a Network Security
Domain Architect. This is an exciting opportunity to use your
experience and leadership skills to successfully execute the
mission of the Navy’s largest IT services program: SMIT. Under the
SMIT Contract, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of
the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services,
network operations, network engineering, service desk, and data
transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its
shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and
service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts
under one enterprise network. This position requires Engineering,
Operations Support, Management and extensive knowledge of network
communications, architecture, security controls, and compliance and
What You'll Get to Do:
Applies Cyber Security Subject Matter Expertise (SME) and thought
leadership to secure one of the largest private Intranets in the
• Leads the development of Cyber Security Endpoint solutions using
the Zero Trust Framework to execute the US Navy’s Cyber Security
• Demonstrates knowledge and application of DoD and Navy
Cybersecurity policies and directives.
• Collaborates with team to conduct trade studies/analysis of
alternatives that support network security architecture concepts
for software and hardware, including capacity planning and for
designing, developing, and analyzing products and systems.
• Collaborates with Navy and DoD Cybersecurity organizations (i.e.
NNWC), DISA, Industry Cloud Providers, and Partners to continuously
improve the Navy’s network security posture.
• Identifies technology and assists in the development of solution
roadmaps to improve mission enterprise capabilities resulting in
increased contract growth and improved customer satisfaction.
• Defining/Creating Technology Roadmaps and communicating
architecture vision/solution/innovation to the customer and
• Partner with the SMIT PMO team in supporting: Shaping and
development of technical solutions, RFP responses for new business,
authoring white papers, Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs), business
cases, and participating Service Management Integration Activities
(SMIA) to improve processes and solve problems in the customer
• Develops new business strategies and on-contract growth.
• Assesses current and future network security skills and
• Evaluates and recommends technologies, tools, and processes to
ensure successful customer outcomes.
• Provides technical guidance and leadership to Program team
members; encourages and evangelizes innovative solutions to the
Customer to solve complex customer problems.
• Analyzes network data and systems to select the appropriate
control mechanisms for the security level required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree preferred in STEM or relevant field, or
comparable experience with an additional 12 years or a Masters with
10 years of overall related experience.
• Exceptional written and oral communications and ability to convey
complex technical concepts to non-technical managers and
• Exceptional problem solving skills.
• Currently possess and ability to maintain an active DoD Secret
• Minimum of DoD 8570.01 IAT Level III Certification required prior
to onboarding and must maintain certification while supporting the
SMIT Contract: CISSP or CASP (See DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 for
• Expert knowledge of the Zero Trust (ZT) Framework and modern
network security architectures and practical experience
implementing integrated solutions that support a ZT framework.
• In-depth understanding of TCP/IP networking, ports, protocols,
and the OSI model.
• Extensive knowledge of network security concepts, platforms,
management tools, and application of each.
• Experienced and adept at developing and maintaining technical
documents, analyses, and reports.
• Experience presenting to client stakeholders and company
• Experience with endpoint security suites such as HBSS, Tanium,
Juniper Pulse Secure, Axway Desktop Validator, Forescout ENAC,
• Must be able to access SIPRNet from an NMCI location on short
notice (local travel).
• Ability to travel (local and long distance) up to 25% including
the possibility of OCONUS travel.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Previous work experience providing support to the NGEN-NMCI
program is highly desired.
• Advanced/Professional level vendor certifications (Cisco,
Juniper, Aruba, Palo Alto).
• Agile certifications or applicable experience.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Norfolk , Network Security Domain Architect, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!