Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: October 8, 2021
What you will do
Our Security Technician is a seasoned field professional capable of
performing both installation and service of electronic security
systems (ESS) in a government environment.
How you will do it
1. Installs security devices and infrastructure in accordance with
installation plan according to the national electric code, company
and customer guidelines.
2. Performs security system programming and setup.
3. Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures
by properly reading equipment, building, electrical, and sprinkler
4. Conducts testing to ensure proper operation of equipment after
installation or repairs.
5. Conducts testing of system to the signal-receiving center to
properly establish service.
6. Conduct End-User training.
7. Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and
handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
8. Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged equipment or
9. Readjust equipment, repair or replace inoperative equipment and
test for operation.
10. Prepare trouble order forms to report temporary repairs.
11. Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation
to verify schedule.
12. Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to
property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation
13. Coach and mentor less experienced installers.
14. May manage installation teams on larger projects.
15. Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions
or directions of
What we look for
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. Experience in installing, inspecting, and repairing of
integrated security systems for complex low voltage intrusion,
access control, CCTV and digital recording systems. Eight (8) or
more years preferred. Specific systems include, but not limited to:
SoftwareHouse, Lenel, DMP, Bosch, American Dynamics, and
3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals,
specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and
operational product manuals.
4. Ability to operate a fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all
5. Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work paying close
attention to details.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, while
establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships.
7. Can work unsupervised to complete installation jobs and is
self-motivated to complete jobs.
8. Capable of using hand and power tools to properly mount and
9. Valid driver's license
10. Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such
as climbing a ladder, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60
feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
11. Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and
moving equipment and tools as
12. The ability to obtain and maintain a
DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a
background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit
1. Technical school training
2. Relevent equipment and manufacturer
Johnson Controls is an equal
employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more
information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual
with a disability and you require an accommodation during the
application process, please
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Norfolk , Security Technician, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!