Systems Administrator - Immediate Interviews!
Company: PAE Incorporated
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
PAE is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the
American Embassy in Beijing, China. The selected candidate will
administer, upgrade and when required, install servers and
related components to support various applications both on
server(s) and client workstations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Configure software upgrades, and developing procedures
for ongoing management of the server environment.
- Where applicable, the System Administrator will assist in
overseeing the physical security, and integrity of the embassy’s IT
- Responds to help desk tickets as appropriate and provides
timely support to customers.
- Prioritizes and performs file system configuration and
management; defines and perform server backups and recovery
procedures. Reviews server logs for resource issues. Plans and
implements server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and supplied
- Provides Web administration support by overseeing and
maintaining SharePoint Web server.
- Manages enterprise directory services and supporting
server infrastructure. Develops and maintains server documentation
- Runs and tip CAT5e/6 and fiber cabling
- Develops new hard drive images using Microsoft deployment
tools in accordance to DOS guidelines.
- Implements policies, procedures, and technologies
(including firewalls) to ensure server security.
- Performs on-call duty on a regular basis
- May be assigned to perform temporary duty to constituent
Posts to perform Network Technician duties.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age with an
Associate degree in Information Technology or two Microsoft Windows
Server 2008 certifications or higher and one Microsoft Windows 7 or
Microsoft Windows 10 Client Operating System
- At least three years or equivalent work experience as a
System Administrator on a Local Area Network of at least 50 client
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and above; MS Exchange
Server 2010 and above; MS SQL Server 2005 and above; and Internet
Information Server (IIS).
- Microsoft Office Suite 2010 and 2016 to include Access
- Basic Knowledge of Apple operating systems including iOS,
OSX, and Mavericks
- VMWare implementation, configuration, and administration.
This includes creating and managing virtual machines within the VM
- Installation, configuring, and maintaining of server
hardware, software applications and associated network equipment,
to include SCSI, RAID, and I/O topology.
- TCP/IP network protocols, firewall management, and client
- Active Directory/Global Catalogue.
- Configuration of Cisco devices via console and Cisco
Network Assistant (CNA).
- Implementing and administering Microsoft Windows 7 and
- The following Certifications are desirable, but not
Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT).
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Oracle Database 11G Administrator Certified
- A Top Secret security clearance is required.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: PAE Incorporated, Norfolk , Systems Administrator - Immediate Interviews!, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!