Come bring your ASCP Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) or
Medical Technologist (MT) license and passion for blood banking to
support the life-saving mission of the American Red Cross Blood
Services. We are looking for a full time Specialist in Blood
Banking to work in our reference lab performing specialized testing
to serve our local hospital clients.
As a Medical Technologist, staff can expect to
perform (in accordance with standard operating procedures and
applicable regulatory requirements) basic and advanced donor and
patient tests, and interpret results to determine donor-recipient
compatibility. Primary job responsibilities may include:
• Resolving compatibility problems
• Providing complex reference and consultation services to
hospitals and transfusion services
• Performing automated and manual test procedures on blood
Other Medical Technologist duties may
• Managing receipt, coordination, shipment and transport of
patient and donor blood samples and documenting supply and
• Managing reagent inventory (ordering, receiving, inspection
• Recognizing/resolving testing irregularities and assisting
other Medical Technologists in problem resolution.
• Consulting with staff at other medical facilities, to resolve
complex serologic problems and providing special units to
• Performing maintenance, repair and validation of laboratory
equipment and software
• Maintaining accurate records
• Performing manufacturing duties associated with special blood
products, if applicable.
• Assuming lead responsibilities such as record review and
training; assisting in concern management. – Tech III
• Performing staff orientation and competency assessments, if
applicable. Performing external customer education. – Tech III
The aforementioned duties are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to
be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required
of staff so classified.
The American Red Cross offers a full-time benefits package
including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with
employer match, generous vacation accrual, and paid holidays.
MT(ASCP) or BB(ASCP) /equivalent with 4 years experience,
bachelor's degree with major in biological science or chemistry
plus 6 years blood banking experience, or MLT (ASCP) certification
plus 4 years blood banking experience. MT (ASCP) and/or BB(ASCP) or
equivalent preferred. State license may be required where
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with
the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization
offering its employee's professional development and growth
opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a
collaborative team spirit environment.