Virtual Server Administrator
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded
the Service Management Integration and Transport (SMIT)
Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that
is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global
network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to
hire a Virtual Server Administrator in Arlington, VA to join our
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy.
The Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine
Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network
operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos
will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data
management to improve capability and service while also saving
significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise
The qualified candidate will manage and
operate a virtualized Microsoft (MS) environment. Other
duties and responsibilities:
- Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events
reflected in various management tools, and perform server patch
- Notify Government representative of issues involving
performance of the operating environment.
- Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions
as required to ensure system health.
- Coordinate efforts with other work centers and personnel to
resolve incidents or events related to systems and supporting
- Adhere to change control standards and procedures, problem
resolution, and troubleshooting techniques, the use of remote
server management tools.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
and 5 Years of Experience
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level
- DOD Secret Clearance
- Experience with Active Directory (AD), clustering, Domain Name
System (DNS), and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Must possess VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
- Must possess VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification
within 6 months.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SCA Systems Support
Keywords: Leidos, Norfolk , Virtual Server Administrator, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!