Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next
Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) - Service
Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) Contract. This
is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for
maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and
Marine Corps. SMIT is the largest IT services program
for the Navy. As part of the SMIT Contract the Leidos team will
deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet,
including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk,
and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in
unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve
capability and service while also saving significant dollars by
focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and
Engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career
choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your
career and in yourself.
• Responsible for the Design and implementation of new
technology, which include, major changes and enhancement to
existing solutions into the production environment.
• Perform systems administration and/or engineering
activities and collaborate in the preparation of multiple work
products in Project and/or Technical Process Areas
• • Assess operational baselines, designing/developing
proposed solutions, recommend changes to change control, and
implement changes into the production environment
• Remotely manage distributed servers, switches, and
workstations within each local site by a central location where
• Take escalation from NetOps on maintenance and
restoration activities of remote servers, develop restoration
plans, and execute restoration actives in accordance with approval
from the Command Center and the Navy Network War Command (NNWC)
• Respond to all escalated service requests and trouble tickets
delivered through the Service Desk.
• Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements
of project's technical design
• Ensure the escalation of incidents and problems are assigned
to the appropriate Tier.
• Maintain records of daily activities, problems and remedial
actions taken, and/or installation activities.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures
through manual configuration, installation of patches, or the
application of scripts to protect data, software, and hardware.
• Participate in technical exchanges as required
• Provide technical and operational input to Regional Change
• Review existing documentation for the server, services, data
storage operations, and maintenance processes and procedures, and
provide recommendations for improvements/changes.
• Provide subject matter expertise to network and systems
security personnel in IA incident response, including close
coordination with the Theater IAM for all IA related tasks.
• Maintain all servers and appliances within the configuration
• Apply STIG setting and patches, and testing for proper
operation post configuration. Identify , recommend, and
implement alternative approaches when required.
• Integrate various network operating systems, application
programs and hardware devices.
• Perform system and database administration to ensure optimal
system performance, maintain the security posture, and minimize
customer service interruptions.
• Address and complete Customer Service Request
(Move/Add/Changes) and Incident ticket within service level
agreements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Apply operating system patches
- Provide technical direction to lower-level Systems Admins and
US Citizenship and a Secret Clearance is required for this
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
MIS, or related field. An additional 4 years of experience may be
substituted for a degree.
4 – 8 years of previous experience in the Information Technology
field working as a Systems Administrator in a Microsoft Server
Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security,
Possess at least one OS certification (MTA, Lenox, MCP, MCSA,
MCSE, MDAA etc.)
Top Secret Clearance
ITIL Foundation v3 or v4
10 years of previous experience in the Information Technology
MCSA, MCSE, Azure Solutions Architect, or Microsoft 365
Certified Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (MDAA)
Although not required for the position, additional experience
and certifications in network administration (CCNA/CCNP) are
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops