Company: SH Varsity Acquistions Sub LLC
Posted on: July 17, 2021
New Story School is a private licensed academic
school that provides special education support for children up to
the age of 21 who have been diagnosed with autism or
emotional/behavior disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams
collaborate with families, school districts and community partners
to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new
stories in their lives.
Rivermont, a New Story School is searching for a
Licensed Counselor to provide therapeutic support
to Rivermont students. The Licensed Counselor ensures that there is
appropriate therapeutic design within all student programming. This
position is for our "Hampton" school location.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organizes parent/family participation activities
- Collaborates and coordinates with parents and other agencies to
increase quality of services.
- Responsible for PBIS (positive behavior interventions and
support) planning process oversight
- Assists in the collection of quality indicator data.
- Provides group and individual therapy as indicated by student
- Plans, schedules, conducts and provides guidance to others in
social skills instruction.
- Knowledgeable of principles of behavior change, supervises PBIS
meetings, monitors students PBIS plans and provides guidance and
feedback to classroom staff
- Ensures completion of initial assessment within 30 days of
- Coordinates tele-psychiatry as indicated by student need.
- Provides clinical supervision and/or monitors the licensing
process of MHC III's
Eligible New Story employees will receive:
- Competitive pay, benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Employee discount program
- Rewards Program (Which allows you to earn points to purchase
- 401k options and paid school holidays
New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information
about New Story Schools, benefits and careers please visit our
- 5 year(s): Minimum of five years of clinical experience in one
or more of the following environments: child and adolescent
psychiatric inpatient, residential, day hospital, outpatient or
educational. Theoretical backgrounds in child and adolescent normal
development, abnormal development, therapeutic interventions for
individual, family and groups.
- Masters or better in Social Work or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Lic Clin SW
- Licensed Prof. Counselor
Keywords: SH Varsity Acquistions Sub LLC, Norfolk , Licensed Counselor, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!