Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: July 14, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Oversees the assigned store in a manner which ensures that all
retail sales and related activities are performed in a
professional, courteous, reliable and results-oriented manner. This
direction should promote the goals and objectives of the company
and put an emphasis on an increase in sales and profits.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Drives the establishment of meaningful goals and policy
guidelines pertaining to retail sales operations and helps develop
effective plans and programs to achieve sales goals and
- Manages and coordinates all store functions and personnel
including interviewing, selecting qualified employees, ensuring
adequate employee coverage, fielding questions on product and
procedures, providing work direction, and performance management
activities including conducting employee performance reviews and
issuing disciplinary actions. Leads the process to ensure adequate
employee coverage and scheduling to maintain effective store
- Takes exceptional care that all customers are assisted in a
professional, courteous, reliable, honest, and responsive manner.
Responds to customers' needs and acts as point of escalation and
resolution for customer complaints and concerns within established
- Develops, analyzes and has budgetary Profit and Loss (P&L)
accountability including in the delivery of all revenue and direct
- Seeks ways to maximize alternate sources of revenue including
but not limited to ensuring Service Protection Plan (SPP) sales,
approved credit card applications, parts, billing of technical
hours, warranty claims, add on sales, and commercial business
growth meet or exceed Company established goals.
- Spends adequate time on the retail show floor in “a position to
notice” to ensure an increase in employee knowledge and
opportunities to make add-on sales. Ensures compliance to all
non-negotiable and customer service standards.
- Implements retail training programs for the store to ensure all
employees are fully trained in their positions and cross-trained as
needed. Oversees the completion of all assigned training for store
employees in a timely manner using available resources including
the company’s learning management system.
- Drives effective communication and implementation of important
company information including direction from the Corporate Office,
programs, and policies to all staff. Obtains understanding,
involvement, and commitment of employees by keeping them informed
of, and trained in the use of new products, ongoing advertising,
price changes, and Company and regional sales promotions and
- Ensures that store appearance is in compliance to Company
policy, such as the company merchandising standards, and that all
changes made display the product effectively to promote sales, is
properly priced and signed, and is consistently maintained in a
neat and orderly condition. Oversees the completion of all
merchandising programs according to deadlines including line
reviews and revisions accurately.
- Oversees that inventory at the store is properly managed to
meet Company inventory standards, as measured by regular cycle
counts, internal audits and physical inventories. Makes sure
company’s assets are adequately protected against theft or other
suspicious activity by following best practices and complying with
all Company Loss Prevention (LP) policies.
- Oversees the balancing of all money received according to
established procedures and Store Operating Platforms (SOPs).
Immediately works with LP to investigate discrepancies and take
corrective action when necessary.
- Works with the Merchandising department to ensure adequate
inventory is allocated to the store, informs them of repeated
problems with products, recommends added or discontinued products,
provides notification of recurring stock-out situations, abnormal
sales trends and other information relevant to allocating
inventory. Provides input concerning inventory issues to regional
sales manager for follow-up when necessary.
- Informs the Retail Marketing department of any local
advertising opportunities to ensure the effectiveness of media used
and to increase retail sales.
- Leads the Manager on Duty (MOD) process by acting as the MOD
when needed and ensuring MOD responsibilities are completed by
assigned personnel including following established opening and
- Participates in all non-commissionable events deemed necessary
by the Company such as sales meetings, trade shows, etc.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High school education plus at least 2 years of college.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in marketing, business
administration or a related field preferred.
- At least 4 years of related retail sales experience.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to lead, guide, and mentor store employees.
- Must exhibit sound decision making qualities.
- Strong customer service, sales, decision and problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and
- Ability to operate and use a Personal Computer (PC) with
working knowledge of Microsoft Office Skills including Word,
Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of common retail and
- Ability to maintain a working knowledge of the company’s
intranet including related Store Operating Platforms (SOPs).
- High mechanical aptitude including having knowledge of light
industrial products, hydraulics, etc preferred.
- Ability to work a schedule that maintains effective store
- Required to be part of 24-hour security company call list in
order to respond to off hour alarm issues.
- Handles confidential information with the utmost judgment and
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk or
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and
- Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the
ability to adjust focus.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Direct supervision of:
1-2 exempt employees
5-20 non-exempt employees
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Norfolk , Store Manager, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!