Retail Supervisor - $1,000 Sign-on Bonus Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
were a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
17states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off
grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a
supportive and engaging workplace thats committed to developing
If youre a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working
collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our
Members, we want to hear from you. BJs offers a fast-paced, team
environment with great training opportunities and competitive
salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
PERSON IN CHARGE
- Effectively leads the team by managing with vision and purpose,
clearly communicating and giving direction, and validating
- Maintains deep knowledge of club policies and procedures across
all areas of the club.
- Provides leadership and direction, and manages day-to-day
operations of Fresh (meat, produce, deli, bakery), Front of House
Departments (tire bay, gas station, member service, frontline,
membership fee income, and maintenance departments), overall
merchandising, signage, recovery, and receiving within the
- Works closely with the Fresh Manager, Meat Manager, Front End
Manager, and Night Manager to validate and ensure that all
sanitation, food safety, and Team Member safety policies and
procedures are in place and being effectively executed.
- Escalates issues as appropriate to Home Office or the Club
Manager as needed.
- Responsible for the effective communication of department
activities and Home Office initiatives to club Team Members.
- Responsible for the effective communication and partnership
with regional business partners.
- Continually monitors member service levels and ensures a
positive service experience is delivered to all Members.
- Assesses Team Member performance, provides actionable feedback
and coaches, teaches and develops talent. Assists in onboarding,
training and performance management.
- Learns quickly and adapts to change. Effectively communicates
to team members to enable them to do their jobs effectively by
sharing necessary information, explaining the “why’s”, and keeping
- Exhibits strong decision-making capabilities that align with
the Company’s strategic priorities and support the achievement of
club operational goals and objectives.
- Operates forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Previous retail experience in a retail store, supermarket, or
- A strong drive for results and solid work ethic is required.
Must be honest, straight-forward and committed to providing high
levels of service to members.
- Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to lead
and motivate a large team.
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Word, MS Excel, Email)
- High school diploma and/or college degree preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including
managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members,
and driving and communicating results.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work
performed by Team Members in this role. It is not designed to
contain a complete inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this role. This
description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for
this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties
of the position at any time.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental
disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait,
marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and
expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Norfolk , Retail Supervisor - $1,000 Sign-on Bonus Job, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!