SHIFT: Day Job
We are Anthem, Inc. (NYSE: ANTM), a health care company
dedicated to improving lives and making insurance simpler. Through
our affiliated companies, Anthem serves more than 106 million
people, in-cluding more than 42 million within our family of health
plans - that's one in eight Americans!
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful
combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater
access to care for our members, greater value for our customers,
and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we
will drive the future of health care. At Anthem, we are focusing on
building a brighter future where health care is affordable,
accessible, personalized, and un-complicated.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that
means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading
health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Staff VP and Local Market Product Lead (Commercial Business
Drive local market products and segments strategy, by ensuring
local market strategy are aligned and reflective of local market
insights and spearheading innovation, in coordination with Regional
President and State Plan Presidents
Role Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for leading a team developing product strategies
across all commercial segments. Primary duties may include, but are
not limited to:
- Develop competitive local market strategy across products and
segments and serve as the single point of accountability at the
local plan level across the product lifecycle.
- Provide insights to the local markets from the Products and
- Communicate local market insights to Products and Segments
organization. Pressure test strategies with Products and Segment
leadership as appropriate to ensure differentiation in local
- Connect DBG and IngenioRx strategy with local markets.
- Ensure ongoing performance management of local market
strategies through crafting of key KPIs and development of
appropriate tracking methods (e.g., performance dashboards).
- Use performance management metrics to understand existing
performance gaps and develop appropriate interventions.
- Proactively identify and pursue innovative models to lead the
local market compared to competitors.
- Frames and answers key design questions across products,
markets, and segments to improve Anthem's value proposition in the
- Hires, trains, coaches and evaluates performance of direct
(Official Title: Staff VP Product Strategy)
2 Openings : East Region Market Lead (Atlanta, GA preferred,
however, open to other Anthem Blue office locations in the Central
and East regions) and West Region Market Lead (any Anthem office in
California, however, open to other Anthem Blue office locations in
the West region).
Anthem Blue states: South Portland, ME; Manchester, NH;
Wallingford, CT; New York, NY; Atlanta, GA; Indianapolis, IN;
Mason, OH; Louisville, KY
St. Louis, MO; Richmond/Virginia Beach, VA; Waukesha, WI; Los
Angeles, CA; Denver, CO; Las Vegas, NV
- Requires a BA/BS; 10+ years of experience in product strategy
methodology, design and use of market research to inform strategy,
or any combination of education and experience providing an
equivalent background. MBA or MHA preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive sales and marketing experience for
commercial segments in health insurance.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the design and execution of
commercial strategies for one or multiple segments.
- Experience managing the performance and operations of multiple
segments and investment/initiatives.
- Demonstrated track record of creating top line growth by
developing marketing strategies for various businesses and
- Deep understanding of market trends and developments in
commercial segments (Individual, Small Group, and Large
- Knowledge of commercial customers and customer needs in the
- Strong understanding of market-leading practices, competitive
intelligence, and cutting-edge innovation in the market.
- Strong network of key industry players (e.g., top tier
brokerages and consultancies).
- Ability to fluidly navigate matrixed organization
- Ability to deliver on margin commitments
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent product management skills
- Excellent people development skills
- Strong judgment
- Analytical thinker
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $157,360.08 - $196,700.04
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic
location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
- The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith
believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the
time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less
than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be
performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No
amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount
is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions
of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability
of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of
compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular
employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until
paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion,
consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that
include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and
incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining
agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability
benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance,
wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired
Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been
named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more
about our company and apply, please visit us at
careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity
Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of
services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural
competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.