3001 - VEC Norfolk Clinic - Norfolk, VA
Assist with patient screening and temperature log at entry.
Demonstrates quality patient service during interactions with
patients, coworkers, and vendors:
Exhibits a positive attitude and is flexible in accepting work
assignments and priorities
Meets attendance and tardiness expectations
Is dependable; follows policies and procedures
Maintains professionalism in interactions with patients and
Performs quality work and consistently exhibits initiative
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct temperature screening in compliance with site access
- Assist in following CDC Guidelines of Social Distancing
- Conduct Safety Checks - Ability to follow established safety
policy and procedures and identifies and corrects conditions that
affect safety in the workplace.
- Utilize antiseptic material to wipe down work services and
high-volume touch points.
- COVID-19 Screening Technicians will be provided with the
required personal protective equipment to conduct temperature
screening and training on the screening process.
- Follow all requirements related to personal protective
equipment, cleaning and distancing
- Enforce occupancy restrictions and guidelines as needed; for
example all who enter a site wearing a cloth face covering
- Report/communicate temperature results as needed and or
- Initiate appropriate COVID-19 screening protocols and
notifications when upper respiratory symptoms, especially fever are
- Escalation of issues and or incidents to supervisor/client
- Aid customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty and responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable
accommodation. The requirements below are representative of the
minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Minimum of a High School diploma.
- Experience in healthcare settings is helpful but not
Indicate the amount of time spent for each activity required as it
relates to the essential functions.
% of Time
% of Time
Vision color vision
Vision depth perception
Vision peripheral vision
Vision ability to adjust focus
Fine Motor Skills
Use of Hands
Other (please describe)
Work takes place in a normal
office/clinical environment. Travel to other CVP locations may be
necessary to fulfill essential duties and responsibilities of the
job. Thus, those needing to travel for work must have access to
dependable transportation, and driving record must meet company
liability carrier standards.
Works in normal office environment
during normal business hours. May be exposed to blood or bodily
fluids. May also be exposed to various cleaning supplies.
Must be able to work with precise tools
and equipment; must have dexterity to use these items correctly and
safely. Other equipment may be used as needed. Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) follows standard precautions using personal
This job description is intended to convey information essential to
understanding the current scope of the job and the general nature
and level of work performed by current job holder(s) within this
job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list
of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or
working conditions associated with the position. CVP reserves the
right to change the expectations of the job and assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities at any time.