Alteration Installation Technician, Senior (N2021-01-014)
Company: W R Systems, Ltd.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
WR has a need for a senior Alteration Installation Technician
(AIT) to perform and lead teams in shipboard electronic systems and
equipment installations onboard US Navy Vessels.
Position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Routing, banding and terminating (connector fabrication)
- Installing and modifying equipment racks.
- The removal of existing systems and equipment which may include
but not limited to the following:
o Interior/ exterior Communications and Radar.
- Determines job pre-planning requirements.
- Interacts with on-site government representative (OSR), ship's
crew and shipyard personnel in support of job requirements and
- Receives and implements technical guidance from planning yards
and design engineers.
- Reports directly to the project manager and assist with
preparation of estimates of material, equipment, production costs,
resources, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to
ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Serves as a customer advocate to provide support required to
help ensure customer success.
- Develops and maintains necessary documentation (processes,
procedures and checklists) required for job execution and
Candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills, and
- Must have at least one (1)+ of the following education
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics
Technology, or Information Technology
- Class "A" Military School in electronics or communications
- IT Specialist Title in US Military
- Four (4)+ year electronics apprentice program
- Eight (8)+ years of practical experience working on US Navy and
US Coast Guard afloat C4ISR installations with at least four (4)+
years of experience working to include:
- electronics repair
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, tools, requirements
and procedures within the field of electronics repair, fabrication
- Previous installation experience to include installation of
equipment, cableways, cables, connectors (copper and fiber optic)
and the assembly of mechanical parts as necessary per the
- Ability to work in an industrial shipboard/shipyard
environment, climb ladders and wear all required safety
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics and have
the troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve problems.
- Able to lift (up to 75lb), carry and transport heavy equipment
and materials required for the job.
- Able to receive direction from higher level technicians and
complete tasking according to approved procedures and practices and
also provide leadership, guidance and direction to more junior
- NAVSEA Fiber Optic Certifications a plus
- OSHA 10 Hour Maritime.
- NAVSEA Cableway and NAVSEA Connector Certifications
- Successfully complete HII - Newport News background check.
Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Security
WR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is
committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
traits associated with race, color, citizenship status, national
origin, ancestry, genetic information, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth,
or related medical conditions, including lactation, age, religion,
marital status, physical or mental disability, veterans' status, or
any additional factors that are protected by law. Please see
for more information.
Keywords: W R Systems, Ltd., Norfolk , Alteration Installation Technician, Senior (N2021-01-014), Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!