Sr. Java Software Engineer (MV) - 36193
Company: Alion Science and Technology
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Senior Java Developer is responsible for the life-cycle
software engineering of architecture, user interface, utilities,
data modeling and development environment to meet Navy Service
Program Manager objectives. In this role, you will work on a suite
of warfighter simulation systems called the Navy Training Baseline
(NTB); work with and design, architect, develop and produce a core
simulation technology, an integrating architecture, an enterprise
dashboard and a middleware transport program, all of which have
been used by the core of Navy training in the Navy Continuous
Training Environment (NCTE). Watch Tower, a component of NTB, is an
Exercise Capture tool designed for review of Naval Exercises both
during and after training events. An enterprise web based
application, WT can be used to record, review, and assess various
aspects of the training environment. The application will present a
user experience that lends itself to use by multiple roles spanning
the full technical spectrum.
NCTE Software Development provides modeling and simulation
application development, live, virtual and constructive systems
integration support and in-service engineering support to US Fleet
Forces (USFF) and the Number Fleets. The NCTE Software Development
team is directly responsible, in this context, for developing and
maintaining technical solutions and standards to provide the
greatest level of training capability to the warfighter, at the
lowest possible cost, at the fastest pace achievable.
Candidate should have a strong working knowledge and experience
developing cloud software based capabilities. Candidate should have
an inquisitive nature, responsiveness, and excellent testing
skills. Must also possess strong troubleshooting skills and the
ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines. Will work
in a fast paced, business environment with our talented team.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline (i.e. computer
science, engineering, mathematics, etc.).
- At least 5-7 years of experience as a Software Engineer working
up and down the full stack.
- Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work
experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized
knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Experience in distributed databases, NoSQL databases, full
text-search engines (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Solr)
- Experience in designing enterprise APIs
- Experience in RESTful web services
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigms
- Experience in cloud based technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in Modern Java Frameworks and Libraries (e.g.
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Git,
- Experience with the agile software lifecycle
- Has a proven ability to learn quickly and works well both
independently as well as in a team setting
- Scripting experience is a huge plus.
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence, neural networks
experience is a huge plus (e.g. Tensorflow)
- Experience in streaming and/or batch analytics (e.g. Kafka,
Spark, Flink, Storm, MapReduce, Hadoop)
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. US
Citizenship is required.
Security Clearance: None
Keywords: Alion Science and Technology, Norfolk , Sr. Java Software Engineer (MV) - 36193, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!