Band Member - American Queen Steamboat Company
Company: Alcatraz Cruises
Posted on: May 3, 2021
NOW GATHERING APPLICATIONS FOR AQSC 2021 SEASON START UPS
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the
link below into a separate browser window for consideration.
The Band Member is responsible for playing one instrument or a
variety of instruments with the purpose of entertaining others;
compose original music or perform covers for an audience.
Participate in bands, orchestras, choirs, or play
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the dockside/hotel check-in process
- Participate in greeting and welcoming of our guests in onboard
- Perform in all onboard production shows
- Cleanliness and up keep of all entertainment areas.
- Host any onboard activities as scheduled
- Perform at any/all entertainment venues as scheduled,
(including providing sheet music and scheduling rehearsal with the
- Participate in rehearsals as the Band Leader or Entertainment
Director see fit
- Participating in weekly all-crew tasks including, but not
limited to, operating a computer for weekly guest embarkation,
emergency drills, loading stores, carrying trash, cleaning crew
areas, handling luggage, transporting co-workers using company
- Make hospitality standards an important part of day-to-day
- Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated
drills and emergency procedures as directed
- Performs other duties if required since above stated describe
only a regular working day and may not be inclusive of every task
needed to achieve results
Requirements & Qualifications
- HS Diploma or Equivalent Require
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or an equivalent
Professional Certification(s) or License:
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) -
if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
- Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be
fluent in English
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a
pleasant and professional manner
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Ability to train and supervise employees
- Logically and independently plan, organize and complete work
- Must maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance
- Four years of experience in position with similar duties and
- Cruise industry experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the
USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random,
reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Steamboat Company, our
mission is to create amazing experiences - not only for our guests,
but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) and operating
principles (Hornblower 12) allow us to live out our mission of
creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First,
Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating
Principles, known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we
promise to engage to live those values:
- We treat others - guests and fellow crew members alike - with
Respect, by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
- We are stewards of the Environment through practicing
conservation, protection and education.
- We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe
and secure workplace.
- We are Professional, and will demonstrate that in the following
- We are on time - to start and stop - and we come prepared.
- We make objective data- and logic-based decisions with limited
We prioritize by making difficult trade-offs and fast, quality
decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule, making decisions that are at
least 80% right, but 100% actionable.
- We Exceed expectations, embracing these principles:
- As employees, we expect to win, but always prepare and
passionately compete like an underdog.
We strive to innovate and reinvent, always looking forward and
not stuck in the past.
- We value Communication, by following guiding principles:
- We listen to each other - fellow crew members and guests - and
are responsive, vehemently following the 24-hour rule.
We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not
entertain politics and bureaucracy.
- Teamwork helps drive us towards success, and together we embody
- We function as a team, playing our role and trusting our
- We work hard but have fun and don't take ourselves too
- And most importantly, we take the time to recognize and
celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family!
American Queen Steamboat Company is proud to be an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and
or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to
discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion,
religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions,
childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military
statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic
information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic
violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics
prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the
Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain
Keywords: Alcatraz Cruises, Norfolk , Band Member - American Queen Steamboat Company, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!